Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone been getting calls from Beckett, almost daily?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
For about a month or two, I have been getting calls on my cell phone from Beckett asking me to call back regarding my account.
I haven't returned the call because my account is current and I see no reason for them to call me, other then to try and up sell me on some "deal'.
Why can't they be more specific as to the nature of what they are calling about?

The calls have been more and more frequent the past month.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
For about a month or two, I have been getting calls on my cell phone from Beckett asking me to call back regarding my account.
I haven't returned the call because my account is current and I see no reason for them to call me, other then to try and up sell me on some "deal'.
Why can't they be more specific their call as to the nature of what they are calling about?

The calls have been more and more frequent the past month.

Anyone else have this issue?

Why don't you just answer and figure out what it is?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Yes, you are correct in that is the way to handle the situation.
The reason for my post was to see if anyone else had been getting calls from them as well.

So pick up the phone, yell at them to take you off their list and the calls stop?

I hate sales calls but if you are getting them daily it could be easier to make them stop...

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Or answer the phone call and tell them to put you on their do not call list. Then yell at them. It will make you feel better. At least for a few minutes.;)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I received one the other day. The calls was about the OPG and grading. I told them that I was not really buying and they offered to grade/sell my cards for me.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I did for awhile, decided to answer it. Was very quick and they stopped calling back. Went something like:

CS: Do you still collect?
Me: Yes
CS: Do you have a need for beckett magazine?
Me: No
CS: Do you have a need for our online checklist? For *** we have a great deal.
CS: Would you consider it in the future?
CS: Why not?
Me: My list is better
CS: Would you consider using our online services?
Me: No, I collect one player and beckett's data is always out of date.
CS: Ok thank you

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I did for awhile, decided to answer it. Was very quick and they stopped calling back. Went something like:

CS: Do you still collect?
Me: Yes
CS: Do you have a need for beckett magazine?
CS: Do you have a need for our online checklist? For *** we have a great deal.
CS: Would you consider it in the future?
CS: Why not?
Me: My list is better
CS: Would you consider using our online services?
Me: No, I collect one player and your data is always out of date.
CS: Ok thank you

;)

Ryan

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
But be nice to them, it may be obnoxious but they are just doing their jobs and the business has to make an attempt to sell their product. Given a lot of the lesser than pleasant attitudes in the industry, I'm sure those calls aren't always the most pleasant so try to be cordial, the lady I spoke with was nice.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
They come and go. They called me a couple of weeks ago to ask why I was no longer subscribing to the online price guide, while I was online looking at the online price guide. I told him he had the wrong info because I'm still subscribed and he was confused but the call ended pretty quickly. Usually they're trying to get me to do grading or buy their latest pricing/checklist/whatever doodad that will spectacularly fail.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
You guys getting these calls should try to log into your account and change your listed phone number to a fake one. Maybe they will start using that updated number :)

Or just block them from your phone. I have an active account but have never received a call, although my phone number listed is (123) 456-7890.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I used to get a lot of robo calls. They were just recordings. Some days it was 5 or 6 times. I signed up on a site norobocalls. Now the phone rings once and stops. It doesn't effect regular phone calls.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Why can't they be more specific as to the nature of what they are calling about?

To save the company from going belly-up???

I don't know if I get calls or not from them (because if the caller ID is cloaked or not a number I recognize, I don't answer and only listen for someone to leave a message if it's someone I know calling me that is from a weird number). I imagine quite a few of those 800 or out of state calls might be their call center trying to get me to resubscribe to beckett monthly.

I do know I get lots of junk emails from them for subscription offers and for junk they've branched into that is not trading card related as they try to find something that sells. I also get about 2-3 junk USPS letters a month for subscription offers. I have a price in my mind that I would subscribe to beckett baseball for and almost bit last week on an mail offer until I read the fine print and saw it was a half-year subscription to beckett baseball for that price and not a full year term for the offer price.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I don't know anyone who even uses Beckett for value anymore. My go to is always sold auctions on eBay. Their numbers have never made sense to me. I'm guessing their grading service keeps them in business

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I only use them for checklist purposes.

I don't know anyone who even uses Beckett for value anymore. My go to is always sold auctions on eBay. Their numbers have never made sense to me. I'm guessing their grading service keeps them in business

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts