Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves Hi-A Affiliate Moving to Florida State League

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Will be taking over the Brevard County Manatees with a new name, TBD.

@SamDykstraMiLB: The new #Braves Hi-A affiliate will be called one of the following: Dragonflies, Fire Frogs, Mud Kickers, Rodeo Clowns, Sorcerers, Toucans.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Interesting....

The Atlanta Braves announced Friday that they had reached a four-year Player Development Contract (PDC) with the FSL's new Minor League team in Kissimmee, Florida. This Central Florida franchise, formerly the Brevard County Manatees, is set to unveil its name and logo next month. The team will play at Osceola County Stadium, which most recently served as the Spring Training home of the Houston Astros. The Manatees' had spent the past 12 seasons as an affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, who are now seeking a new Class A Advanced affiliate.

Atlanta's previous Class A Advanced affiliation had been with the Carolina League's Carolina Mudcats, with whom they spent the last two seasons. The Braves' PDC with Central Florida runs through the 2020 season, marking the Kissimmee club the organization's first entrant into the FSL since the 1968 West Palm Beach Braves.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ah, I was thinking it was just a change in affiliation, not actually moving the team. I wonder what happens with the empty facility at Brevard County? I want to say it is the Devil Rays spring training facility.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Ah, I was thinking it was just a change in affiliation, not actually moving the team. I wonder what happens with the empty facility at Brevard County? I want to say it is the Devil Rays spring training facility.

Space Coast Stadium is actually the Spring Home of the Nationals. The Rays train on the other side of the state in Port Charlotte.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
is this a move with the same owner or was the club sold and the new owner is moving it?

Members online

Latest posts