Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors: Whats a 2009 O-Pee-Chee Black Blank Back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Not sure what to think about this whole situation, but I noticed that there are 3 Nate McClouth's up on the Bay right now. Seems that there might be a tad bit more than /5 made, no?

Until I see more than 5 or hear of more than 5 of any player, that is the guess I will go with. Definately weird there are 3 Nates on ebay however. He must not have much of a collector following, because one of them is a BIN at $2.99. Sharp difference compared to the other two listed at $35 and $7.99. I also noticed that one of the sellers confirmed he pulled 3 from his case.

Just looking at the numbers of 3 per case, here are the stats I came up with:

At 3 per case and 600 cards in the set, it would take 200 cases or 2400 boxes to reach 600 cards.

Examples for print runs:
5 = 1000 cases and 12,000 boxes
10 = 2000 cases and 24,000 boxes
25 = 5000 cases and 60,000 boxes
50 = 10,000 cases and 120,000 boxes

The number of cases and boxes don't look too crazy, but I assume this product was not distributed heavily, so 1000 cases doesn't seem like a stretch. It is possible a lot of this product is just sitting on shelfs however. We may never know the truth. ;)

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
AndruwHRJones said:
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Not sure what to think about this whole situation, but I noticed that there are 3 Nate McClouth's up on the Bay right now. Seems that there might be a tad bit more than /5 made, no?

Until I see more than 5 or hear of more than 5 of any player, that is the guess I will go with. Definately weird there are 3 Nates on ebay however. He must not have much of a collector following, because one of them is a BIN at $2.99. Sharp difference compared to the other two listed at $35 and $7.99. I also noticed that one of the sellers confirmed he pulled 3 from his case.

Just looking at the numbers of 3 per case, here are the stats I came up with:

At 3 per case and 600 cards in the set, it would take 200 cases or 2400 boxes to reach 600 cards.

Examples for print runs:
5 = 1000 cases and 12,000 boxes
10 = 2000 cases and 24,000 boxes
25 = 5000 cases and 60,000 boxes
50 = 10,000 cases and 120,000 boxes

The number of cases and boxes don't look too crazy, but I assume this product was not distributed heavily, so 1000 cases doesn't seem like a stretch. It is possible a lot of this product is just sitting on shelfs however. We may never know the truth. ;)

With absolutely no knowledge of how many cases are usually released of a product like this, I'd guess 10-25 for the PR. It may seem closer to 5 because I think there is a TON of product that wasn't busted.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'm guessing a ton of the product is unopend due to UD's inability to market it because of the lawsuit....assuming all that is accurate. There may be 20-50 black blank back copies produced, but maybe only 5 of them pulled and the rest sitting in wax.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I'm bumping this thread up in the hopes that more info has come up with these in the last 7 years. Still haven't seen a Matt Joyce Black Blank Back and went digging for info and found this thread.

Someone earlier in the thread posted it reminded them of the F/X blues, which has been another topic of discussion here lately.

So, who's got there player? What's the overall thoughts on this?

Anymore info on the print run?

Thanks,
Jeff

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I need the Jorge Cantu. Mysteriously I found this card for Luis Cruz, but I need his mini black that I've never seen

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I still need Denard Span, never seen one. I didn't start collecting him until late 2010 so I'm sure I missed some early on, but this might be one that I never see.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I am pretty sure I got the Sizemore regular and All-Star cards at release, although I haven't looked at them in some time. But this set seems pretty much completely forgotten at this point, I'm sure searching for your guy is really tough.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Was thinking about this set again the other day...anybody ever find out any more info on these?

Find their player?
[MENTION=2802]klute14[/MENTION] how did the box breaks go?

Still haven't seen the Joyce...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I have 2 of Justin Upton although I'm not actively picking up Upton singles anymore. I have a couple others as well. They're pretty tough to find, but I don't know if value will ever increase with their scarcity since they're pretty ugly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Damn Boys, I completely forgot about this.
I still have 4 boxes to break.
I need to get on that soon...

Was thinking about this set again the other day...anybody ever find out any more info on these?

Find their player?
[MENTION=2802]klute14[/MENTION] how did the box breaks go?

Still haven't seen the Joyce...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts