Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
90srare1.jpg

The Three Versions Of 1998 Swing For The Fences:

#1 - Regular Cards They Have A Blue, Non Foil Background, With Contest Rules On The Back. Inserted 1 in 2 Packs #2 - Shop Exchange They Have Silver Foil That Kind Of Looks Like Clouds They Were Given Away At The 1998 All Star Game And In Hobby Shops #3 - Upgraded They Have Circular Holo Foil They Were Never Released To The Public

**as per Worthpoint
1998 Pinnacle Performers Swing For The Fences Upgrade Parallel
These Were To Be Used In The 1998 Swing For The Fences Promotion, But That Contest Had To Be Scrapped Due To Pinnacle's Bankruptcy.

The Beckett Almanac says, "The [regular] cards were intended as exchange items for a... game (based upon the NL and AL home run leader in 1998). Pinnacle's bankruptcy in the Fall of 1998, however, wiped away the Upgrade redemption program."

Or Did It? It Appears That A Few Upgraded Sets Were Produced. I Know That At Least 6 Sets Exist

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
img346.jpg

Mansfield pickups today! First Goudey Greats Gold I have ever seen in person; too bad its no one I collect, but still a sweet find! The two Leaf Samples are actually my second copy of each, but I have no idea what I did with my other Smoltz. The Bagwell is very exciting; none have sold on ebay recently, so I think it might be a good one!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Nothing super sweet or super rare , I just have a question. Back in '98 Fleer did their Diamond Ink promotion. I have Arod in 2 different redemption cards, 1 Point and 5 Points. Are there other Point cards I'm unaware of that I need to keep an eye out for?

Hilarious that you mentioned these Diamond Inks. I just went through a bunch of my 98 old blaster boxes I bought and came across like 30 of these promotion cards. (having a garage sale and dumping most of the commons from this year) I will have to look at them and see if they have different amounts on them. Sadly most of them are of like Jay Bughner HAHA

Members online

Latest posts