Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to shop around high value card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
Hey guys what's the best way to shop around a high value item. We are talking value between 2k-10k cards. Are there any reputable 3rd party sites?
I buy and sell on ebay for other items but wouldn't trust it with my high-end baseball cards.

Sorry for such the noob questions.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Hey guys what's the best way to shop around a high value item. We are talking value between 2k-10k cards. Are there any reputable 3rd party sites?
I buy and sell on ebay for other items but wouldn't trust it with my high-end baseball cards.

Sorry for such the noob questions.
Thanks!

Any cards valued over 2000 dollars I would have PSA grade them and then to PWCC they would go.. It's a no brainier let them deal with it.

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
I would be interested to know what card you have that is valued at 10 grand?

I believe the card in question is rare enough I don't need it graded. It's just a range of prices i threw out there, no concrete number.

Thx man I appreciate the suggestion of PWCC.

Last edited:

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
Didn't want to jump gun because don't know if selling yet

98' Griffey Red Crusade

Attachments

• 20160422_140648.jpg
    20160422_140648.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Any cards valued over 2000 dollars I would have PSA grade them and then to PWCC they would go.. It's a no brainier let them deal with it.

Best advice you are going to get. PWCC consignment charge is less than eBay fees on high dollar items, the high end of the hobby wants PSA graded cards. (Vintage, and serious player collectors with thick wallets) I am surprised every time I see someone submit to BGS

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Not sure if the last post was directed at me but PWCC almost always gets 20 -30% premiums at least on high end cards. And I would hope someone would guide me in the right direction when we are talking about large numbers like that. Forums are a great place to work with collectors and help people out, dont get me wrong. but the OP was asking basically how to maximize his exposure and value and people would have a hard time arguing PWCC will do that.

OP I strongly suggest as other have stated, grade through PSA and send to PWCC. The sky is the limit with them on a card like that.

Last edited:

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
Hey moxacaine.

No that is not me. This Griffey would be one of my few baseball card transactions.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts