Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Score Regional Team Boxes - Premier Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
It's been a really long time since we had some activity on this thread, but I wanted to bring up the conversation again.

I was recently talking with the Rusty Greer collector whose collection puts mine to shame. He actually lives in Texas and I thought for sure he'd have a dupe of the Rusty Greer Premier Club I've needed for so long. I thought it was just kind of a fluke since I had no trouble finding a Platinum Club...

"I never had the Juan or Greer and have the Palmer but it was the only one I have seen.
I have seen at least 30 of the Pudge though.

Pinnacle was going out of business during this time and there were obviously cheating the customer in a lot of ways.
I do not think all the plates exist for 1998. If they do, many went out the back door w/ employees grabbing “severance” as they left. I heard stories of execs stopping production to have cards made for themselves."

He kinda goes off on a tangent there at the end, but it still feeds into what we think we've noticed - either entire teams being tough to find, or certain cards being hard to find. He's seen 30 Pudge Premier Clubs, but it appears only ONE Juan Gone has ever surfaced on the massive catalog that is juangone.com

So now I'm thinking I may never get the Rusty Greer, even though Rangers in general didn't seem like a rare product, certain Premier Clubs are extremely rare within that product (like Rusty, Juan, Will Clark, etc).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd love to find some Rangers boxes/cases.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Ive always been bummed Wakefield wasn't in the Sox checklist for this product. 97 score as a whole is one of the most frustrating products I've ever come across for a lot of reasons, specifically because so many people don't understand the variations correctly. Still, a very underappreciated release.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1997scoreteam.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I remember my LCS, a rinkydink card shop in Mountlake Terrace, WA, had Mariners and I bought some packs on a few occasions. Some teams just don't seem like they are in very short supply, like the Mariners. You can see sometimes big lots of players, especially with Platinum Team cards, get listed on ebay. I think Nomo and Clemens are two on there right now. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the Premier Clubs are also plentiful. Just a strange issue that varies from team to team.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I remember my LCS, a rinkydink card shop in Mountlake Terrace, WA, had Mariners and I bought some packs on a few occasions. Some teams just don't seem like they are in very short supply, like the Mariners. You can see sometimes big lots of players, especially with Platinum Team cards, get listed on ebay. I think Nomo and Clemens are two on there right now. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the Premier Clubs are also plentiful. Just a strange issue that varies from team to team.

Braves and Mariners and Yankees seem relatively easy to come by compared to the others. Probably has to do with the fanbases at the time busting the product. Braves one of most popular teams in America and Seattle had Griffey and Arod. Yankees are Yankees. Always popular.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I have only seen a handful of Indians Premier club card ever, and I have never seen a Manny Ramirez (let me know if you have one!). I have only seen 2 platinum team Manny's. Even the base cards of the Indians seem fairly rare. This seems to be fairly true for most Indians regional issues from the 90's, its like they made 12 of each, and only 2 sold! But particularly so for this issue. There are 17 Edgar Martinez Mariners Score team base cards on comc, and a TOTAL of 4 Indians base cards listed there...

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
box of Indians incoming! Hoping I don't get Mark Carreon as my Premier Club :benson:

I've busted a few of the Indians boxes. I've always thought it had one of the better break potentials. Lots of semi stars to stars in the group. Good luck!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm still looking for the Canseco Red Sox platinum and premiere cards if anyone knows of where they are!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Is this a regional team issue? No clue where I got it.View attachment 68508View attachment 68509

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yep! The Dodgers seem to be the most available team out there, but then again I don't know if it's all the cards or just some of the cards. Giant lots of Nomo and Piazza can be found, although maybe it's just Platinums and not Premiers.

Members online

Latest posts