Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Wow. Just saw a rumor that has the Astros looking at Moran/Stewart for #1 . Certainly possible especially if Gray/Appel are looking for too much $$$.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Looking at Law's last mock, if the M's pass on Frazier, I'll be pissssed. I love Clint Frazier, and had to deal with the M's getting the consolation prize last year in Zunino.

I haven't followed the prospects in the draft as much this year as in past years, but Tim Anderson and Ryon Healy are two guys I'm very interested in.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Looking at Law's last mock, if the M's pass on Frazier, I'll be pissssed. I love Clint Frazier, and had to deal with the M's getting the consolation prize last year in Zunino.

I haven't followed the prospects in the draft as much this year as in past years, but Tim Anderson and Ryon Healy are two guys I'm very interested in.

I'm right in the same boat with you, but from everything I have read, even though it is pretty much fact that he won't be there, I would much rather prefer Meadows.

Does anybody know if this is going to be streamed online like it was last year?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
It won't happen, but I would like (selfishly) to see Austin Meadows slide and then go to school instead. I think he should take the money and run though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For those wondering, here are my own guesses for the Top 10.

HOU Appel, CHC Gray, COL Bryant, MN Moran, CLE Stewart, MIA Frazier, BOS Meadows, KC Stanek, PIT McGuire, TOR Ball

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Wow. Just saw a rumor that has the Astros looking at Moran/Stewart for [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . Certainly possible especially if Gray/Appel are looking for too much $$$.

Though he isn't a guy I 100% follow on his take in prospects/the draft, Keith Law had the Astros taking Moran over a week ago, in his second mock draft. He posted his newest and last mock today, where he actually has them taking Appel but, as with everything in the draft nowadays, the money he demands could determing whether or not they take him (since the Astros have the most amount of money to give as bonuses, they are wanting their #1 pick to take plenty less than the recommended for the slot, so they can pay more for guys who will drop further in the draft due to signing bonus demands).

Honestly, I do hope they take and sign Appel. Cosart is a solid start and McCullers + Folty will help fill out a good rotation, but the Astros need a tried and true #1 starter, which appel or Gray could fill. They have plenty of strong bats in the minors (Springer, Correa, etc), so adding a top arm like Appel will really make the future of the franchise bright.

I just REALLY hope they do not reach for Moran. If they absolutely HAVE to have a bat, I want it to be Bryant, who has the higher power potential, in my opinion.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Pedro Astacio is the best the Rockies could come up with? 53-48 5.43ERA in his 5 years in Colorado.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Did they say why Appel is not there?
It seemed weird to have the #1 pick announced and he wasn't even there to shake Selig's hand and put on the Astros cap.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Only 4 people predicted the Cubs would take Bryant in my contest.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Poster "bballstar029" is the guy to beat so far - he's 3 for 3. :)

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
BMHNuwcCYAAF74Z.jpg:large

BMHPhBcCIAAYuBT.jpg:large

BMHQeJrCEAE2kaU.jpg:large

BMHRgPuCYAAsVFV.jpg:large