Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants Vs Cardinals NLCS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
man, I feel for Wong and Carpenter. Cardinals postseason heroes seem to go from hero to zero (see Freese). Wong and Carpenter IMHO have been heroes this posteason. The good news is that they won't go zero this postseason so the Cardinals have a fighting chance for another WS title.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Great game tonight. I kept clicking back and forth betwwen the baseball game and another blowout NFL night game. Go Eagles! Cardinals were smart to add A.J. to their NLCS roster. He should get the start in game 3. Cruz didn't look good behind the plate tonight. Rosenthal looked awful. He might be too sore from tonight to pitch in game 4 Tuesday. Maness looked ok but I'm glad Sandoval swung at ball 3. And that the ball was hit right to Maness. I hope Molina has a fast recovery. It would be cool to see a Royals/Cardinals World Series with a lot of home runs and extra inning games.:D

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
[MENTION=2602]SINFULONE[/MENTION]

Question.

Considering the Cardinals do defeat the Giants and advance to the World Series.

Kolten Wong is a rookie. But this will be his second time playing in the World Series.

I wonder if that has ever happened before with another 2nd baseman?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
man, I feel for Wong and Carpenter. Cardinals postseason heroes seem to go from hero to zero (see Freese). Wong and Carpenter IMHO have been heroes this posteason. The good news is that they won't go zero this postseason so the Cardinals have a fighting chance for another WS title.

I don't.Wong and Carpenter, unlike Freese, are more than one dimensional players, and have youth on their side.One defensive metric had the Cardinals with the most saved runs in the majors.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
@SINFULONE

Question.

Considering the Cardinals do defeat the Giants and advance to the World Series.

Kolten Wong is a rookie. But this will be his second time playing in the World Series.

I wonder if that has ever happened before with another 2nd baseman?

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head.Nice to see him redeem himself this year after last year's nightmarish World Series.Surprising pop from his smaller stature.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Last night's game was great. Giants hitters again leave the bases loaded. Pablo swung at ball 3 and 4 in the top of the 9th. Terrible AB.

Congrats to the Cardinals for winning that amazing game. It could have gone either way!

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
^Nice to see a true baseball fan congratulate the other team. It was a roller coaster game.
I hope Rosenthal gets his crap together if not I want Wacha to close. It could be like Wainwright
in 2006. Wacha has performed well in short (real short) stints since he came back . After last year he has
also shown his ability to deal with pressure.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I don't want to see Strickland face another lefty this postseason.

NLDS + NLCS
Righties vs Strickland: 1 for 10
Lefties vs Strickland: 4 for 7, 4 homers

Also, the Giants offense seems Dependant on bad defense and lucky bounces. That's not something you can depend on.

Blanco: 2 for 10
Panik: 2 for 9, 1 bb
Posey: 1 for 9, 1 bb
Panda: 4 for 9, 1 bb
Pence: 1 for 7, 1 bb

Panda's here, where are the other guys in the top of the order?

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
^Nice to see a true baseball fan congratulate the other team. It was a roller coaster game.
I hope Rosenthal gets his crap together if not I want Wacha to close. It could be like Wainwright
in 2006. Wacha has performed well in short (real short) stints since he came back . After last year he has
also shown his ability to deal with pressure.

Matheny still says Rosenthal is his closer.I doubt he would let Wacha close at this point, but he could be a long reliever.I'm going to stop by the pharmacy and buy all the Peptol Bismal they have before I have to endure another Rosenthal 9th inning.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Just read that Pierzynski is catching today and batting 6th.Like the energy he brings to the team.

Members online