Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what is the untouchable part of your collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have been looking at my collection lately and trying to seriously downsize. There are so many cards/items that in reality I really dont card about that I just want to get rid of to clear out space. But there are a few items that it would take a ridiculous amount of money to get out of my collection. I imagine we all have something in our collection that is UNTOUCHABLE. I am curious what some of the other members here consider there untouchables.

I have two items:
1) my 1998 Donruss Preferred Baseball Set

2) My 2004 Leaf rookies and Stars Football almost complete master set. 12 years of collection no way I can ever give this up either. This is just the longevity parallel portion.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Suter Sochi Olympic Worn Jersey

SuterJersey_zps6c54bc9a.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The 89' World Series GU Jersey, Official 1986 RC Contract and the 1987 Season Batting Helmet are the last 3 pieces that would exist. Plus the 1968 Topps Mantle I got from my mom and the 2010 Topps Ryan Braun my daughter won for me at Dave n Busters ;)

Ryan

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have collected so long and have had to sell off most of my collection so many times that I do not think I have anything that is untouchable anymore. I used to have a great deal of game used memorabilia from my time working in MLB but when I realized my son didn't want it and it was taking up so much space it was pointless to keep it around the house.

Maybe it is a product of my age as I know when I was twenty years younger I would never sell anything and tried to collect as much as possible. Now.....that's not happening!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There's a few but here's two1451499369833.jpg and this Boba Fett error (about $200) 1451499418410.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Awesome stuff guys... I changed my initial post to read cards/items as I wasn't even thinking of other collectibles like the Boba Fett. (very cool BTW) As I am reading all these post I am starting to think about all my old Star Wars, GI JOEs, Transformers, My 1986 GT Performer (Bike) that I still have. LOL I guess if you collect cards chances are we all collect all kinds of things. Keep em' coming all this is some cool stuff.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Really? Not that it isn't cool, but with what you have and have owned and a Cards fan, why did you choose that?

Ryan
The "Murray Strip" was my White Whale since about 1988. The story that the shop owner told was; he was given the three card strip as an old school "promo." I guess that these were cut like this so they could not be easily resold. In the 80s we talked about the card being cut from the strip since centered examples are hard to find. Today only 500 PSA9s and 11 PSA10 exist (the last 10 sold for just over $10K).
Despite never playing for the Cardinals, Murray had been one of my favorite players. I had always wanted this item but could never swing the cash. After I left for the Army my brother Pete [MENTION=8688]U L Washington Rookie[/MENTION] purchased the strip and in his collection it sat until recently. Over the holidays he dropped it in my lap and said it was now mine. I have a LOT of cool cards but this card nearly takes me to the origins of my collecting days.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
For me it's my 2006 upper deck epic quad bat barrel consisting of babe Ruth, Jimmie foxx, mel ott, and Eddie Mathews. To me it's the single greatest memerobilia card ever made. The 2nd is a 2005 absolute memorabilia babe Ruth jumbo black jersey tag. A babe Ruth tag from a 1925 Yankee home jersey. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 48

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
My Denard Span GU Bat that I had signed on my birthday. It is the first GU piece I had ever gotten and he just so happened to have a free signing at Sports Authority on my 21st birthday a couple weeks after I bought it.

DenardSpanGame-UsedBatAutoPic3.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
mrdallas, I dabble in light GI Joe collecting if I can find complete figures to fill holes in the collection I've been slowly working on. I'm only interested in pre '87 and the '88/'89 night force figures. If you decide to part with anything and you have complete figures, keep me in mind.

Members online