Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector non-card thread. Post pics & talk about unusual collectibles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
I've only seen this one other time about 10 years ago, and did not want it to get away again.
1992 National Super Star Series sports bottle with Gwynn, Will Clark, Tim Glavine, Ramon Martinez and Craig Biggio. Looks to be made by LK Sports which I did not know back then.

The American League bottle is currently listed on eBay (incorrectly listed as "National League Superstar Series Water Bottle"). Don Mattingly, Kirby Puckett, Roger Clemens, David Cone, Ken Griffey Jr., and Cal Ripken Jr. I'm like Ryan, I would love to grab a National League bottle when one surfaces.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
[QUOHave Garv, but thanks for the thought and mention.

TE=Gwynn545;2344016]
7972FCAF-14AC-48EA-BB44-AD5034F7F32F_zpsk6vlqtux.jpg

A388C2F0-2BA7-403C-814A-DE8A8CA9B8C7_zpscpybggiz.jpg

Picked up a Steve Garvey @mrmopar and a Pete Rose like this in the lot, too.[/QUOTE]

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I realllllly try to stay away from most non-card stuff for my collection, but I have picked up a few cool odd-ball items. Here they are:

Full box! (I also picked up an advertising poster to match them)
candybarbox.jpg

Business cards of his that were of companies he was part of:
20150723_113919.jpg

Chocolate candy bar announcement for Jose's daughter ... being held by his daughter's old teddy bear (do I win?)
20150723_114753.jpg

Professionally done statue of Jose & his ex-wife that was given to them on their wedding
20150723_115344.jpg

Some greetings cards ... one even is a condolences card saying sorry for the loss of your dog.
20150723_114232.jpg

Autographed picture with ex-wife
20150723_114713.jpg

pay stub with nanny's grocery list
20150723_114522.jpg

original photos from the 1986 Fuji Film Series played in Japan (I didn't even know this existed - this was from his rookie year, too!) I only have his pics left:
20150723_114634a.jpg

Pics of Jose in the Fox studios doing the voice over for the Simpsons "Homer at the Bat"
20150723_114843.jpg

parking permits, player identification card, etc.
20150723_114019.jpg

I don't really these as much as my cards, but after looking at them again, I'm glad I have them!
20150723_114843.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Good thing you stay away from "most" non card stuff...:lol:

I was thinking the same thing lol

LOL - After I posted the items I had, I got a little chuckle about it myself. I really don't do much non card stuff. However, after reading what all you all have found, it is easy to get sucked in to want to get the magazines, cups, coolers, puppets, etc. I may have a change of heart!

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Odd-Ball

LOL - After I posted the items I had, I got a little chuckle about it myself. I really don't do much non card stuff. However, after reading what all you all have found, it is easy to get sucked in to want to get the magazines, cups, coolers, puppets, etc. I may have a change of heart!

If you do eventually start picking up more odd ball type items you'll need some room/s to store and/or display all your stuff. It's kinda like cards are nowadays...never ending (but it's fun!). By the way I'm surprised your not "sucked in" already with some of the neat pieces you have already picked up.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
If you do eventually start picking up more odd ball type items you'll need some room/s to store and/or display all your stuff. It's kinda like cards are nowadays...never ending (but it's fun!). By the way I'm surprised your not "sucked in" already with some of the neat pieces you have already picked up.

I think I'd classify myself more as a "collector" of non-card stuff than "super collector" like I am with the cards. Mainly because I don't automatically see a cooler, newspaper clipping, etc. and have to get it. If I see it and like it, I get it. The cards are different - with cards, if I don't have it, I automatically like it because I don't have it.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I think I'd classify myself more as a "collector" of non-card stuff than "super collector" like I am with the cards. Mainly because I don't automatically see a cooler, newspaper clipping, etc. and have to get it. If I see it and like it, I get it. The cards are different - with cards, if I don't have it, I automatically like it because I don't have it.

Understand; looks like, at this point, you just enjoy the cards more. There's nothing wrong with that. Keep on collecting what you enjoy!

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
'68 AS

Figured I'd add a panel from '68; kinda unusual.

Attachments

• 1968 AS.jpg
    1968 AS.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 16

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Grabbed these at a flea market about 10 years ago. It was on a table that had a sign that read "everything $2" so I thought they were $2 each. The woman said, "no $2 for the lot". I couldn't pay her fast enough. All of them are the Coke version.

image_45.jpeg

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Coke Caps

Grabbed these at a flea market about 10 years ago. It was on a table that had a sign that read "everything $2" so I thought they were $2 each. The woman said, "no $2 for the lot". I couldn't pay her fast enough. All of them are the Coke version.

It's likely they were so inexpensive was because they were all Yankees; in fact you may have overpaid...;)

Kidding of course. Most of those look, from the picture, to be unused and/or whoever removed them from the bottle did so carefully. Most of the one's I have there's a dent or crease. Thanks for sharing; those are very cool. Do you collect the caps from all the different types of sodas?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I just grabbed these because they were Yankees. I didn't know much about them back then. Whatever I could find that was Yankees at flea markets I would pick up. Especially pinbacks. It wasn't until I looked these up to see who I was missing that I realized they also made Tab and Fresca ones. Mine were all Coke.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Finally snagged what I think is the last of Winfield's PhotoFile Hall of Fame Induction Day pictures. They're all 8x10 printed on thin cardstock, except for the collage, which is printed on AGFA photo paper. I'm curious as to the team selection and why no inclusion of either the Angels or Blue Jays. Especially on the collage, you'd think they would include another team instead of using two Padres photos. I picked up the collage, Twins and Yankees in Cooperstown on my trip back in July. The Padres photo just arrived from eBay.

2001PhotoFileHallofFame.jpg
2001PhotFileNewYork.jpg
2001PhotoFileMinnesota.jpg
2001PhotoFileSanDiego.JPG

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ Very nice , I like Authorized 8x10's. makes you wonder in Dave asked to only be represented by those teams and not the Angels or Jays. Odd for sure to leave em out unless it was his request.

Ryan

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
How did I miss Dave Steib's luggage?! Lol Awesome stuff everyone. My guys never did have much in the way of oddballs or marketing stuff but I added a few more over the last couple of years

Cirillo gas station poster
cff278428f8815dfc07b7950949c8a47.jpg

Some Sveum items
104f2921d27eabce67fbf6f260345a88.jpg

442cc09ce3dc3f0ae7e0c44205abdebc.jpg

80fd850fc30533aeda9e9de66b3ac3a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Finally snagged what I think is the last of Winfield's PhotoFile Hall of Fame Induction Day pictures. They're all 8x10 printed on thin cardstock, except for the collage, which is printed on AGFA photo paper. I'm curious as to the team selection and why no inclusion of either the Angels or Blue Jays. Especially on the collage, you'd think they would include another team instead of using two Padres photos. I picked up the collage, Twins and Yankees in Cooperstown on my trip back in July. The Padres photo just arrived from eBay.

2001PhotoFileHallofFame.jpg

Do you think they made HOF induction 8X10's of the Winfield portrait picture on the Yanks and the Winfield hitting as a Padres examples seen on the composite? Just wondering since they pictured the exact 8X10's on the other three, could there be more?

I think these are neat collectible items!

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Those are some "really" cool Brewers items. I'm really drawn to that Amoco adv sign; so large and colorful, but that Miller Lite adv is way cool as well.