Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Not sure if this one qualifies as vintage or not, but I figured I would give this thread a little more life

image.jpg

also grabbed this earlier this month, and I posted it in the March pickups thread, more fitting for this thread

image.jpg
Definitely vintage, and definitely a labor of love. Good luck with the rest of your subs!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I have a couple of arrivals to report. The Jordan/Herzog arrived last week, and the Jordan came in this afternoon. I didn't think I'd pick up the J/H (it has a filthy NY Giant on it, after all!), but I was satisfied with the price. I love the solo Jordan - in person the color is much more vibrant than in presents in the scan.

I'm down to just the Bell to complete the set, at least what I consider the set. There's an "Out at Third" (where an unknown Dodger is indeed out at third), plus a McIntyre variation that tells us that he is "NOW WITH CHICAGO NAT'L".

JordanHerzog%20medium.jpg

Jordan%20medium.jpg

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
(This post got deleted in the server change-over the other day)

:: drool ::

Beautiful T3's, TNP! For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing these in person they are gorgeous cards, very colorful and vibrant, true works of art. Good luck on obtaining the Bell to complete your set!! I only have the Tris Speaker left for my team set (yes, "only" =P ) so hopefully maybe this year I can finally finish it. I plan on upgrading a couple of them in the future, as well.

t3sig.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
[MENTION=1959]selah150pslm[/MENTION], love the '51 Bowman. One of the all-time beautiful vintage sets.

Brian, love the new Greenberg!

Scotty, thanks for the T3 compliment. Now, go out and nab that Speaker!

So the Jordan/Herzog I landed earlier this month has been upgraded already. It's got a significant crease, but the other is nicked up pretty bad and has its own crease issues. This one is much​ cleaner.

Here's the new one:

2ywu2ig.jpg

Attachments

• 2ywu2ig.jpg
    2ywu2ig.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 24

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
@selah150pslm, love the '51 Bowman. One of the all-time beautiful vintage sets.

Brian, love the new Greenberg!

Scotty, thanks for the T3 compliment. Now, go out and nab that Speaker!

So the Jordan/Herzog I landed earlier this month has been upgraded already. It's got a significant crease, but the other is nicked up pretty bad and has its own crease issues. This one is much​ cleaner.

Here's the new one:

2ywu2ig.jpg
Gotta love an upgrade!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Ha. I think so. They are out there for sure. I'll consider the monster complete without the "the big four" if I ever get that far and I think at that point I'll look around for a Magie.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I've took this week off from work to spend it with the kids during their Spring Break. We did some traveling. While we were gone I had these 2 cards delivered to my PO. The week was fun, but I couldn't wait to get home to pick up these PC items. I couldn't get to the post office fast enough this morning.

View attachment 61091
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459616549.830115.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts