Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Staying alive! Night Crew Ep.5!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
They are expecting 10,000 people to come into town for it. Crazy to think we will double in size for a day

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm excited for the eclipse, just not all of the extra people that are coming with it

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
When I got off work I saw that cards are back in business at Walmart. 4 blasters of Platinum, several fat packs. New displays of Chrome and 3 blasters of Optic.

I tried two blasters and four packs of Platinum. I've gotta check for SPs, but otherwise nothing notable except:

- 4 or 5 numbered cards, no major names
- Benentindi RC
- Judge Rookie Radar

If I decide to take the plunge again tomorrow night....should I try again with Platinum or go with Optic/Chrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

See my break in this thread and go with Chrome. I was shocked at what I pulled tonight. Nothing like a Judge auto or Bellinger auto but very happy with the results. What do you guys think the Arenado red refractor would go for?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Those are the mega boxes. 10 packs plus two 5 card xfractor packs. Of all my breaking tonight, those were the worst. I did pull a Jake Thompson gold refractor /50 but thats not too exciting per se. The blasters delivered the red refractor and the two autos. The Bellingers were bonuses IMO.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
do you watch european soccer? see your donovan avatar
Not too much. Big soccer fan, but haven't been watching much lately. I follow the national teams and a little MLS and some European. Played soccer since I was 4

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
No SPs in Platinum for me tonight. My #d cards were:

- purple Platinum presence Taillon /250
- green Next Gen Sedlock /99
- purple Jhailyn Ortiz /250
- green A.J. Puk /99

I'm just not impressed that much with Platinum. It just feels watered down from previous years. I may be in the minority but I just haven't had much fun since they stopped doing the patch/auto cards years ago.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I'm just not impressed that much with Platinum. It just feels watered down from previous years. I may be in the minority but I just haven't had much fun since they stopped doing the patch/auto cards years ago.

Loved those even if I never pulled one. I did do well with 2010 Platinum though. I think I ended pulling 4 autographs. One was a triple USA prospect auto /89, with the other notable being a Eric Thames blue.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
My first and only case I've ever opened was Platinum with Heyward and Trout in it. I think I hit a couple Trout autos and some other decent names but I moved them WAAAAAAAY too soon.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
They are expecting 10,000 people to come into town for it. Crazy to think we will double in size for a day

haha
sorry about the car. my town in southeast AK has 8,000 in city limits. probably closer to 14,000 when the entire island and annexed areas are accounted for.

our town turned to tourism after the logging and pulp mill went out. our downtown dock is now a mile long and hold 4 of the monster cruise ships end to end. on a typical day we have 3-6,000 people in. our biggest, maybe a handful of days a year we'll get 9-12,000