Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I do know of this person. He used to be a member of another site and at one point he was a great trader. He was always looking for Topps Blacks and I've made about 5-6 trades with him in the past. Over the last year or 2 he's started flaking out on trades and ended up being banned.

If you're talking about the site I think you're talking about, he was not banned for flaking out on trades. I had a few trades with him before I saw this thread and a similar one on Blowout and they went fine other than I felt like he probably waited until he got my cards to send. He then posted in a thread interested in a couple of Topps Blacks I had and I discretely and politely contacted him via PM to let him know that even though I was happy with our previous trades I was choosing to not do any more trades with him because of the eBay stuff.

He immediately PMed me back and said politely that he was disappointed but it was my right to not trade with him. Then it got weird. He shortly sent me a couple more PMs and an email where he got progressively more and more angry, eventually cussing me out and accusing me of harassing him. I responded through a PM just to let him know that I wasn't harassing him, HE was harassing ME, and I just didn't want to trade with him anymore. He responded with a PM acting like I was harassing him and told me to never PM him again, while at the same time sending me an email once again cussing me out - I felt like he was fishing for me to respond via email because it would be easier to fake something and show it to the mods. I didn't take the bait.

In the email he says he's reporting me to the mods - so preemptively I contacted a mod just to let him know what was going on. I wasn't even trying to get him kicked off the site, I just didn't want to get kicked off because this dude was going crazy. I asked the mods to take a look at the PMs themselves, and linked them to this thread or the one on Blowout to explain why I didn't want to trade with him. He got banned shortly afterwards. I don't know if the mods were unaware of the eBay stuff before that, or if it was purely from the harassment - it sounded like he had been in a little trouble for similar stuff previously.

I've never heard of him ripping anybody off in trades. I think part of his "unique" mental outlook is that he feels that stealing cards in a trade is bad, but years and years of bidding on auctions with either no intention of paying or knowing damn well he won't be able to complete the transaction is perfectly fine. Having received PMs and emails from the man, I can tell you there is clearly something off in his brain. Maybe not Cardcop-level off, but certainly off.

bblair_2002

Aug 12, 2009
Fort Plain,NY
If you're talking about the site I think you're talking about, he was not banned for flaking out on trades. I had a few trades with him before I saw this thread and a similar one on Blowout and they went fine other than I felt like he probably waited until he got my cards to send. He then posted in a thread interested in a couple of Topps Blacks I had and I discretely and politely contacted him via PM to let him know that even though I was happy with our previous trades I was choosing to not do any more trades with him because of the eBay stuff.

He immediately PMed me back and said politely that he was disappointed but it was my right to not trade with him. Then it got weird. He shortly sent me a couple more PMs and an email where he got progressively more and more angry, eventually cussing me out and accusing me of harassing him. I responded through a PM just to let him know that I wasn't harassing him, HE was harassing ME, and I just didn't want to trade with him anymore. He responded with a PM acting like I was harassing him and told me to never PM him again, while at the same time sending me an email once again cussing me out - I felt like he was fishing for me to respond via email because it would be easier to fake something and show it to the mods. I didn't take the bait.

In the email he says he's reporting me to the mods - so preemptively I contacted a mod just to let him know what was going on. I wasn't even trying to get him kicked off the site, I just didn't want to get kicked off because this dude was going crazy. I asked the mods to take a look at the PMs themselves, and linked them to this thread or the one on Blowout to explain why I didn't want to trade with him. He got banned shortly afterwards. I don't know if the mods were unaware of the eBay stuff before that, or if it was purely from the harassment - it sounded like he had been in a little trouble for similar stuff previously.

I've never heard of him ripping anybody off in trades. I think part of his "unique" mental outlook is that he feels that stealing cards in a trade is bad, but years and years of bidding on auctions with either no intention of paying or knowing damn well he won't be able to complete the transaction is perfectly fine. Having received PMs and emails from the man, I can tell you there is clearly something off in his brain. Maybe not Cardcop-level off, but certainly off.

Yeah I'm 100% sure we're talking about the same person. I had no idea about his eBay dealings prior to this thread and I just assumed that his banning was trade related but after reading what you typed and what I've read from others,he's certainly not right in the head. It's a shame too because he always had cards I needed for my sets.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
My only hope is that one day he crosses someone who is even more deranged than he is and shows up at his house (which is directly across the street from a church ironically enough) and beats his ass.

It takes a lot to piss me off and this **** has me boiling. How someone can be so egomaniacal to bid on hundreds if not thousands of auctions a year without ever intending to pay is just beyond my comprehension. I mean why in the world would he do this? The time and effort it must take to create all the new users names and variations on his name, this has to be a game to him right?

But Seriously XXXX this guy.

It's called mental illness.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
This is unbelievable

null_zps4d60b334.png

Members online