Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do u recycle bubble mailers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I have no issue with receiving recycled anything, as long as it protects the item I am receiving. It bothers me a little when it is so tape heavy that I risk damage even trying to open the damn thing, but it is a minor complaint at most.

If I were sending out a lot of stuff, I would reuse anything that was worth reusing. I do save just about all supplies, even though I am not sure why. I have boxes and boxes of used crap and even some new stuff that I don't use at all (semi-rigid holder for example). I guess I figure I WILL USE, SELL, TRADE OR GIVE IT ALL AWAY some day. meanwhile, I am storing it as clutter at my residence!

On a somewhat related note, I had been stocking away junk cards in a box in my garage with the intention of bringing them to my favorite shop. He gives away card boxes to people/kids with purchase and often even w/o purchase. There were several thousand cards there, maybe between 5-10K. It was picked through junk, maybe 90s to early 00s, with an occasional newer or older card and a few minor stars/fan favorites. I decided to recycle them as I had not been down to the shop in a while and don't see me having time during the day for a while. It's about a 80 mile round trip, so I used to go during the work day when I had time and every once in a great while my boys and I would road trip a weekend visit.

anyway, I decide to toss them on craigslist for free, not expecting a whole lot. I placed an add for free curbside pick-up, took a few shots of the box, gave dimensions, told where the box would be and said I would field no questions. First come, first served. I didn't watch it closely, but my wife had come back from an errand after I posted and gave me grief about leaving a box on the curb with "FREE" on it (we live in a neighborhood on a cul-d-sac so there is very little drive by traffic). By the time I looked again, they were gone! It could not have been more than 1 hour.

If you guys are looking to dump off cards, even junk, give that a try first before burning, burying or recycling them! I have heard a lot of stories online about people complaining that nobody wants junk cards. maybe it is area dependent, but for me, it was quick and easy.

That's a good idea. I'm slowly downsizing and in the back of my mind keep wondering how I'm going to rid myself of the 25k of those cards I've got. I've thought about putting them on a garage sale but don't want to have to move them twice if they don't sell and don't want to field questions all day of who's in there, etc just for people to pay a few bucks for them.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
It's not about buying mailers for me, it's about the one time use mentality when it doesn't need to be

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes, they are very cheap. Regardless of volume you do. However, and again I don't reuse, but I'm all for recycling.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

BigAlsC&C

Mar 29, 2016
I do not reuse bubble mailers, but I will cut them into card shaped sizes and add them in with cards I ship out for extra protection. I think the guy saying that he puts in his listings that item will be shipped in used bubble mailer is fine, but to charge a $1 if people want a new one is ridiculous. Maybe as high as .25, but $1. I would never buy from someone doing that.

Members online

Latest posts