Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Huge shoutout to [MENTION=2800]chippercards.com[/MENTION] for an AMAZING deal on this tough Griffey.

attachment.php

It's a early relic card and a tough pull, plus being my all time favorite player makes this one (and all of the cards that I've bought from the members here) one that will stay in my PC for years to come.

I still need the single relic version. Great card!

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
1996 Pinnacle Skylines

What is the deal with 1996 Pinnacle Skylines?

It's my understanding that these were 1:50 packs (1:29 jumbo) in Series 2 Hobby boxes only, but I've pulled images of that box and this insert isn't even listed on it with the other inserts. Did they just decide not to list it?

Also is that the correct sub-product and insertion ratio for these?

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
AH - makes more sense.

What is a magazine pack? Is it like a rack pack? New term to me...

Also, just found this from magicpapa in another thread:
"Don't let the odds fool you
1996 Pinnacle Skylines Cards from this set were inserted 1:29 jumbo and 1:50 magazine packs which both packs were hard to find."

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
Magazine Packs?

Nevermind - here it is:

“Magazinepacks were available at large retailers like Walmart and had a punch hole topflap to the wrapper so they could be hung on store display hooks.”

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
attachment.php

attachment.php

Had these cards for a while and thinking about selling them to help with some moving expenses. Any ideas on value?

Attachments

• 0418161041.jpg
    0418161041.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 0418161041 (1).jpg
    0418161041 (1).jpg
    388 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
Hey guys. I've been searching through the forums and all over the web without a definite answer. I know the 98 Griffey Red Crusade is a very rare card and highly debated. I don't want to open a can of worms but I was wondering what the value of this card would be today. I've seen the ebay listing where it sold for 4k but I've heard ballpark numbers anywhere from 6k to 10k?
I realize it's a hard number to pin down.

Appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Hey guys. I've been searching through the forums and all over the web without a definite answer. I know the 98 Griffey Red Crusade is a very rare card and highly debated. I don't want to open a can of worms but I was wondering what the value of this card would be today. I've seen the ebay listing where it sold for 4k but I've heard ballpark numbers anywhere from 6k to 10k?
I realize it's a hard number to pin down.

Appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

One sold for $6800 as a best offer option in 2015. But as historic of a card as that is, I wouldn't be shocked by a 10K plus hit if listed well. That brings deep pocket Griffey collectors along with deep pocket set collector's to the same gun fight.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm more surprised that GriffeyFan24 was a username not being used before today than I am at the possible price.

Ryan

GriffeyFan24

Apr 22, 2016
I thought I would add this because I posted it in another thread.
98' Griffey Red Crusade (#23 out of 25)

A little story about the card:
I pulled this when I was younger and a huge Griffey Fan. I was pretty ecstatic at the time that I pulled my hero Griffey, let alone a limited one. I immediately sealed it and put it in screw-in hard case. The local card shop dealer where I bought the box didn't think much of it and blew me off. It didn't matter though, I just loved the card because it was Griffey. I put it away in my family's safe but always took it out because I loved how it looked. That was a ton of years ago and over time I had forgotten about it. I completely left the hobby as life happened. Fast forward to yesterday, I was cleaning the house when I opened the safe. I saw the card and it brought back a ton of memories - how I would copy Griffey's batting stance when I played as a kid, kick off my cleats with the bat like him, copy his swagger haha, all my jersey numbers had to be #24 , etc, etc. To this day "my number" is always 24. I remember telling myself that this is probably worth nothing...I googled the card and was pretty surprised. For me, it has a ton of sentimental value and I guess monetary too now.

Anyways, I thought this would be a great place to post this as you guys would appreciate the card too. If you guys want more pictures just let me know. The first site I saw about the card was actually TheJuniorJunkie's blog post (http://thejuniorjunkie.blogspot.com/2015/12/1998-donruss-crusade-one-card-to-rule.html) which I found both hilarious and very informative (and directed me to this forum). So thanks to him if he sees this! I'm not quite sure if I'm selling the card yet but I'll let you all know if I do!

DgAvwXQ.jpg

XtcT1Ez.jpg

Last edited:

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Great card. Pretty incredible you pulled it yourself. Someone had to get it so it might as well have been a Griffey collector. Thanks for sharing

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I thought I would add this because I posted it in another thread.
98' Griffey Red Crusade (#23 out of 25)

A little story about the card:
I pulled this when I was younger and a huge Griffey Fan. I was pretty ecstatic at the time that I pulled my hero Griffey, let alone a limited one. I immediately sealed it and put it in screw-in hard case. The local card shop dealer where I bought the box didn't think much of it and blew me off. It didn't matter though, I just loved the card because it was Griffey. I put it away in my family's safe but always took it out because I loved how it looked. That was a ton of years ago and over time I had forgotten about it. I completely left the hobby as life happened. Fast forward to yesterday, I was cleaning the house when I opened the safe. I saw the card and it brought back a ton of memories - how I would copy Griffey's batting stance when I played as a kid, kick off my cleats with the bat like him, copy his swagger haha, all my jersey numbers had to be #24 , etc, etc. To this day "my number" is always 24. I remember telling myself that this is probably worth nothing...I googled the card and was pretty surprised. For me, it has a ton of sentimental value and I guess monetary too now.

Anyways, I thought this would be a great place to post this as you guys would appreciate the card too. If you guys want more pictures just let me know. The first site I saw about the card was actually TheJuniorJunkie's blog post (http://thejuniorjunkie.blogspot.com/2015/12/1998-donruss-crusade-one-card-to-rule.html) which I found both hilarious and very informative (and directed me to this forum). So thanks to him if he sees this! I'm not quite sure if I'm selling the card yet but I'll let you all know if I do!

DgAvwXQ.jpg

XtcT1Ez.jpg

$6500 cash for your childhood. :)

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
@GriffeyFan24 what a way to make an entrance!

Amazing pull!!!! And a great story to go with it.

Welcome sir!

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Epic story on the Crusade!

Been buying boxes in lately in hopes of pulling something rare, of any player... no luck yet!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts