Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most valuable promos/samples of the 90's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks Russ.

If anyone has the following 90's Henderson promos/samples, Let me know.

1993 cooperstown promo
1997 select promo
1996 leaf preferred steel bronze promo (some exist, but Im not sure about Henderson

I have stand up guys & donruss collection already. If there are others that I dont know about, info would be great. Thanks. Ken

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I didn't see one of these in this thread. These are very rare and hard to find. 1990 Blue/White Test Issue

Front
P1110607.jpg

Back
P1110608.jpg

And does anyone know what these are from?
Front
sheet.jpg

Back
sheetback.jpg

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I admit, I'm surprised at some of the prices being discussed regarding the Ryan 93 Finest Refractor Promo. :shock:

Not surprised about the 98 Donruss Signature Previews - especially for ARod. Last time I checked, mind you this was before he hit 500HRs and before the steroids (talk about your 'give-n-take') that was a $2.5K card - easy.

I'd also consider the Pinnacle Brands Executive Master Edition Samples that were produced between 1996-1998. Market prices fluctuate depending on how many collectors are searching at any given time, but I've seen them go as high as $200 each.

Some of the others:

- 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promos. Despite what Beckett says, all 30 players had a promo made.
- 1994 Leaf Limited Frank Thomas #1
- 1995 Pinnacle Pin Card David Justice #15
- Certain 1997 Select Company Samples, 1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collection Samples, 1998 Donruss Fractal Materials Samples - some really difficult ones in there. Debate continues whether or not if some were actually produced (not printed on the sample sheets).
- 1997 Topps Pro Shooters. Both the Checklist Cards and the Marbles themselves. (edited - ha, Brad beat me to it) :lol:

- 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Blacks. Debate continues whether this was a true preview or an intentional 'mistake' by Pinnacle to drum up sales. They had an established record of these kinds of "mistakes", sort of like what Topps does today.

Most of those are easy $200+ sells. And in the case of the Justice - may be the only one in existence, so sky's the limit. But it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

just stumbled upon this old "dead" thread when searching for a specific item....didn't find what i was looking for in it , but the post above caught my eye....specifically the 1995 pinnacle pin card david justice.....

question : is this referring to a PROMO version of the redemption card ....the ACTUAL unused (and now expired) redemption card ....a promo version of a card that accompanied the redeemed pin ....or an actual card that was returned along with the pin when redeemd ?

any answers would be greatly appreciated....

never mind....a little more searching (and deleting the "#15" from the search field) yielded another thread here from 2013 that actually answered my question.....

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Nothing wrong bumping a promo thread!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
just stumbled upon this old "dead" thread when searching for a specific item....didn't find what i was looking for in it , but the post above caught my eye....specifically the 1995 pinnacle pin card david justice.....

question : is this referring to a PROMO version of the redemption card ....the ACTUAL unused (and now expired) redemption card ....a promo version of a card that accompanied the redeemed pin ....or an actual card that was returned along with the pin when redeemd ?

any answers would be greatly appreciated....

never mind....a little more searching (and deleting the "#15" from the search field) yielded another thread here from 2013 that actually answered my question.....
Sounds like you found your answer but there is a redemption card (which would have been turned in for the pin) and then the actual pin itself. I have both for Albert Belle and would be happy to take pictures of both if you wanted to see them.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Since it was brought back from the dead and all pictures are pretty much broke at this point, here are some from my Belle collections, all which I think are tough and most have been mentioned...

9791f1f7.jpg

scan0001.jpg

45f0808b.jpg

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Sounds like you found your answer but there is a redemption card (which would have been turned in for the pin) and then the actual pin itself. I have both for Albert Belle and would be happy to take pictures of both if you wanted to see them.

no i have those - that's why i was curious when i saw a post referring to pin cards being exceptionally rare...for a minute i was wondering if there was some reason that justice was almost impossible to find....my extra homework did uncover what i needed to know so i have now seen both the ozzie smith and dave justice cards in an older thread as well as the griffey which is currently live on ebay....

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Since it was brought back from the dead and all pictures are pretty much broke at this point, here are some from my Belle collections, all which I think are tough and most have been mentioned...

9791f1f7.jpg

have both garret anderson samples...could have sworn i had at least 2 and maybe as many as 6 more , but can't seem to locate them right now....not an EXTREMELY high priority right now , but i definitely would love to find more of them

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Have these rare ones (and they are all for sale if interested)!

1998 Pinnacle Inside Stand-Up Guys Samples #6AB & 6CD Larkin/Nomar/A.Rod/Jeter
1994 Score Gold Rush Samples #3GR Ken Griffey Jr.
1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Major League Hard Drives Samples #5 Frank Thomas
SampleCards_zpsd0111bf8.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
More than likely it was something that just didn't print right vs being printed that way on purpose. Prob the sheet was scrapped / set aside and cut down later. Kinda neat though , not sure bout $12 neat though.

Ryan

To me, it looks like the back of the card was printed like that on purpose, wouldn't know what for though. I passed on it for $12, but I still want one lol. Was looking to see if maybe there was some info out there that was justify buying it for $12

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while - been in Guam of all places for work - finally back!! So, I saw that someone mentioned at some point that all 30 players have a 1993 cooperstown promo card - is that true? I picked up this Larkin a few years ago and it is still the only one I have ever seen:

93PinnacleCooperstown26BarryLarkin-PromoBack.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while - been in Guam of all places for work - finally back!! So, I saw that someone mentioned at some point that all 30 players have a 1993 cooperstown promo card - is that true? I picked up this Larkin a few years ago and it is still the only one I have ever seen:

93PinnacleCooperstown26BarryLarkin-PromoBack.jpg
[MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] prob can tell you if the whole set was made , but I think so. Though to find for sure.

Ryan

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
How rare are the 98 Prefered Prized samples. I have the #100 and #165 Jeter card both BGS 9.5. I paid a good bit for both of them since I have never seen any others like them.

Members online

Latest posts