Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps, Really? Does this make any business sense in the world?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
This has to hurt the LCS. Instead of having a new product now and a new product a month from now, the LCS has 2 new products now.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Even Master P knows this is ludicrous. Back in the late 90's No Limit Records would release an album every single Tuesday. This would be like releasing a TRU album on Tuesday and Big Ed the Assassin CD on Friday. Just plain dumb.
I couldn't agree more here.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Even Master P knows this is ludicrous. Back in the late 90's No Limit Records would release an album every single Tuesday. This would be like releasing a TRU album on Tuesday and Big Ed the Assassin CD on Friday. Just plain dumb.

BOUT IT!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Well, speaking for myself and anyone else buying boxes/cases, I'm pretty pissed at the compressed schedule. I committed to a number of Finest cases months ago and I still think it's going to be a great product.

BUT.

With Chrome (both, I guess) released just a week before due to all the delays, collector dollars are going to be spread out amongst all the releases rather than focused on one at a time. And sure this is good for buyers (which I normally am), but it's terrible for casebreakers that committed to Topps products. And early, which Topps claims they use to plan the releases and the redemptions and whatnot. So basically, they want you to commit to a product they haven't disclosed the contents of, then they decide what to include, then it's pushed back into football season.

F'n Topps. Looking forward to Masterworks more and more.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Doing what they can to make up for bad football sales in q3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

No Mia X reference ? Crazy thing is each album sold 500k+, lucky to sell 5k now.

To the card point, it doesn't make a lot of sense. With a monopoly to run licensed product, for some reason I'm still surprised by some if the moves they make.

I think TC was done well this year, but with BC release it basically gets pushed to the side and forgotten. Even the biggest pull 1/1 Puig got pushed to the side so fast when the BC one was hit.

Oh well, someone there must think differently than most / all of us

Ryan

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
No Mia X reference ? Crazy thing is each album sold 500k+, lucky to sell 5k now.

To the card point, it doesn't make a lot of sense. With a monopoly to run licensed product, for some reason I'm still surprised by some if the moves they make.

I think TC was done well this year, but with BC release it basically gets pushed to the side and forgotten. Even the biggest pull 1/1 Puig got pushed to the side so fast when the BC one was hit.

Oh well, someone there must think differently than most / all of us

Ryan

How badass were they? Damn, some saw The Beatles in their prime, we were witness to the No Limit dominance.

Lucky.

Members online

Latest posts