Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

mailday, blaster break, & 2001 inserts - - -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
So, instead of making 3 different posts:

(#1) Got this in the mail for my PC. It says 'NATIONAL VIP'
Anyone know the odds, or how many different cards were made.
If it was ANY card from the set, i assume THIS card is rare?

8-VIP34.jpg

(#2) Found a 2011 Topps Chrome Blaster on sale.
A couple cool inserts & RC's for a Braves fan.

8-Chrm35.jpg

(#3) And the real reason i made this post:
I went to a kid's party yesterday that was 'Baseball' themed.
They decorated with Baseball cards, and used them as prizes, etc.
As I saw the cards on various tables with nacho cheese & being handled by children,
I wondered ... how many cool cards end up this fate?
I rescued these:

8-tek6.jpg

8-gold37.jpg

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I can't believe one of the Gold Label was Class3. I love this set (even more than TEK, shhhh!). I was hoping to find a red or black label. All the other adults found me weird for looking at every card.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I can't believe one of the Gold Label was Class3. I love this set (even more than TEK, shhhh!). I was hoping to find a red or black label. All the other adults found me weird for looking at every card.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Ok...just look at it this way. What's dumber? Looking for valuable cards that are just being torn apart by kids at a party and trying to salvage them or being the idiot that put them out there for destruction? What's even scarier is that the people throwing the party had stuff like that and didn't even know better. It's not like they went to wally world and purchased a few blasters of 2013 topps opening day. Half those kids probably don't even know who Jose Canseco or Nomar Garciaparra is. This was somebody's collection they decided to destroy/get rid of.

They probably think collecting is just for kids too. I've started thinking about taking people on tours of a local card shop. Then you get there and their jaws drop and they walk out with a few commons the shop owner felt bad and gave them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting, people often forget that Ankiel was the rookie/prospect 'big stud' back then.

Heck yeah! I remember dabbling a little when I was in high school and him and Josh Beckett were the rookies to have. A buddy of mine found some ultimate victory packs at Wally world and pulled the Ankiel rookie. It was an $80 card at the time. Though he was still envious of my fleer tradition Beckett rookie.

Members online

Latest posts