Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JJ Hardy to Sign 3-Year Extension With the O's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Good for the O's. I think he would've gotten more on the open market but 13ish million a year is a nice chunk of change. Now the FA SS market just got weaker. I hardly consider Hanley a SS, more of a 3B so now theres only cabrera, drew, lowrie and a few other low end guys. Interesting to see who the yanks go after. Please not hanley. I would love lowrie but would settle for cabrera.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Good for the O's. I think he would've gotten more on the open market but 13ish million a year is a nice chunk of change. Now the FA SS market just got weaker. I hardly consider Hanley a SS, more of a 3B so now theres only cabrera, drew, lowrie and a few other low end guys. Interesting to see who the yanks go after. Please not hanley. I would love lowrie but would settle for cabrera.

Orioles are really busy. Currently working on extensions for Markakis, Cruz and Miller as well.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Orioles are really busy. Currently working on extensions for Markakis, Cruz and Miller as well.

Yeah that's what was reported. Later in the day it was reported they hadn't actually started any negotiations with Cruz though.
I doubt they reach an agreement with Cruz or miller although i would think Cruz is more likely.

Markakis is almost guaranteed. The Os value him higher than most other teams it seems.

IamSilly

Nov 24, 2011
Yeah that's what was reported. Later in the day it was reported they hadn't actually started any negotiations with Cruz though.
I doubt they reach an agreement with Cruz or miller although i would think Cruz is more likely.

Markakis is almost guaranteed. The Os value him higher than most other teams it seems.

Thats a cool story man, hey quick question, think you'll ever send the cards to the people you ripped off from Blowout? Or nah?

I mean just wondering, in between talking about the Orioles

If Hardy stays healthy, should be a great deal for them. Means Machado will stay at 3B for the next few years as well.

I've had this conversation with a couple of O's fan: why not sign Machado to a long-term extension? Say 6 years, $60M. He's had two season ending knee injuries, so the O's have about 98% of the leverage in this situation.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
If Hardy stays healthy, should be a great deal for them. Means Machado will stay at 3B for the next few years as well.

I've had this conversation with a couple of O's fan: why not sign Machado to a long-term extension? Say 6 years, $60M. He's had two season ending knee injuries, so the O's have about 98% of the leverage in this situation.

That would be a great deal for the O's and also for Machado. Although it could come back to bite him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts