Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAFAEL DEVERS CALLED UP TO THE RED SOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockHillCards

Aug 6, 2017
I'd be interested. I'm high on him right now, and enjoying it, and thinking about the future. Rough times are inevitable in any career, but I just keep thinking,"He's only 20."

Pm an offer, if youd like. Since its a high dollar card, it would ship insured and with signature confirmation.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I was watching the Sox game cuz Pomeranz is on my fantasy team and that ball was crushed. I was hoping Devers offense would be enough to provide Pomeranz with a win but I guess that ain't happening. It's the curse of my fantasy rotation...3 were placed on the DL since last week so I wouldn't be shocked if we are looking at a 10 day stint on the DL for Drew...for pulling his leg I guess :rolleyes:

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
It says right there, Number of Parks - 5. Last I checked, five is not most of thirty.

Do some research before your blind love makes you look foolish.

Getting into any type of an discussion with you is like trying to nail Jello to the wall. If you actually click on view and use the overlay you'll see that it's more than just five parks (and yes I can see where it says 5 parks on the right). Also you said it would be lucky to hit the warning track in most parks. You changed your argument to appear correct. But whatever that's fine.
No blind love here, I just feel the need to troll other teams when they have a player that is pretty good (I have no hate for Judge, he's great for the game, the hobby, and the rivalry). Have a great day!

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Another bomb for Devers.

Say, is it too late to put him in the ROY conversation?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Another bomb for Devers.

Say, is it too late to put him in the ROY conversation?

Gary Sanchez was the ROY runner-up with 53 games played in 2016 and since Devers could end up playing a similar amount of games by the end of 2017 (assuming he plays every single remaining game this season) then sure, he could be in talks for as high as 3rd place in voting. But he'd have to finish with stats similar to Gary Sanchez which is no easy task.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Judge is still ROY. It's tough luck on timing for some of these call-ups, like Frank Thomas in 1990.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Judge is still ROY. It's tough luck on timing for some of these call-ups, like Frank Thomas in 1990.

Judge & Bellinger cemented their claim to the ROY award by the All-Star break. At this point, even if either one of them suffered a season ending injury they'd still have it. Were this to happen I *suppose* DeJong could have an (very) outside chance at the NL ROY if his crazy HR rate stays at it's current pace and his avg/OPS remain high enough. Although this is highly unlikely. As for Judge, regardless if he goes down tomorrow I can't see anyone challenging him.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Judge & Bellinger cemented their claim to the ROY award by the All-Star break. At this point, even if either one of them suffered a season ending injury they'd still have it. Were this to happen I *suppose* DeJong could have an (very) outside chance at the NL ROY if his crazy HR rate stays at it's current pace and his avg/OPS remain high enough. Although this is highly unlikely. As for Judge, regardless if he goes down tomorrow I can't see anyone challenging him.

We shall see.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If Judge was to have a season-ending injury today, it would be a much different scenario than if he played the full season but maintained his post-break pace. Since July 14, he is hitting .169 with 7 homers, 14 RBI, and 58 Ks. If he still wasn't being walked frequently (29), his OBP would be around or under .200, and even his walk rate is slowing if you look game-by-game. If Devers kept up anything close to his current pace and finished around .300 with a dozen or so homers in 55 games, there could be room for debate. But just think how awesome Judge was in the first half, completely unreal. As unreally bad as his second half has been, does that really wipe out the first half?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
The question is now this: who would you rather have on your team the rest of the way-- Devers or Judge?

I'd take Devers in a heartbeat.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
This is very similar to the Fulmer/Sanchez debate from last year. If Judge plays the rest of the season he's the ROY. Personally I want Devers on my team and I think he's the better player now and for the future but the award is for the 2017 season and as much as I hate the hype machine what judge has done is undeniable.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I remember when everyone assumed Trevor Story was the undeniable ROY and then he suffered a season ending injury around the All-Star and finished 3rd or 4th so I suppose anything can happen. That's what makes baseball great, 162 games of the great unknown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts