Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Set Spotlight.......1973 Topps baseball A plain set that is more than meets the eye!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
From one of the most creative writers on the board, I will take this as a huge compliment.

You are actually one of the reasons why I am making this attempt as you have inspired me to throw aside all reasonable reasons to not do this as I have seen you go for what makes you happy in this hobby and not what makes financial sense. Its been fun to watch you and your work evolve over time.

As for the Reggie card....that is indeed odd photography but it just adds to the uniqueness of this set.

Thanks [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] ! Keep on keepin' on!

Philliesphan1973

Aug 13, 2016
Reading , PA
Great Read !! My birth year set and one of my favorites . I remember the first time I saw 73's was on the school bus when I was 10 . A friend of mine that lived down the street from me had an older brother and he gave my friend all of his cards . I traded him a bunch of 1983 Topps baseball cards for his '73's . I remember some of my other friends saying I got a bad trade and get my '83's back . I thought it was a good trade and kept the '73's . Over the years I have put a few of these sets together but never high grade . I started on a high grade set about a year and a half ago and have about 200 cards so far . Centering is the biggest issue , I have actually relaxed my overall grade down to ex and better if they are centered .

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This set was quite a departure from the previous 3, especially the severe cutback on gaudiness compared to 1972, and overshadowed by the very popular 1975. But I never though it was boring. It's "classy." When I think about starting another Topps set, this is always high on the list.

And the Clemente is one of my favorite cards. His face in shadow, apparently rising into his stance on a desolate spring training field, somehow a very fitting last image that probably came out just a couple months after he died.

Members online