Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Mike Trout Batman!!! How high will it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
For what it's worth (my option not the card), which is absolutely nothing, I find that card more desirable than any of his Superfractors. Value-wise I get that's crazy talk

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
For what it's worth (my option not the card), which is absolutely nothing, I find that card more desirable than any of his Superfractors. Value-wise I get that's crazy talk

I much, much prefer the Platinum 1/1.

At least that card was pack issued.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Wow, 35 grand!!!! I think I would rather have bought an '86 Jordan PSA 10, Frank Thomas NNOF PSA 10 (should it ever hit the market...@35K), or a '52 Mantle. I hope Trout has a long and productive career after he gets back because it would suck if he has like a Dale Murphy kind of career. Either way more power to whoever reached into some seriously deep pockets to get that.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Wow, 35 grand!!!! I think I would rather have bought an '86 Jordan PSA 10, Frank Thomas NNOF PSA 10 (should it ever hit the market...@35K), or a '52 Mantle. I hope Trout has a long and productive career after he gets back because it would suck if he has like a Dale Murphy kind of career. Either way more power to whoever reached into some seriously deep pockets to get that.

Dale Murphy's best season of his career isn't even as good as Trout's worst season of his career ('87 7.7 WAR vs. '14 7.9 WAR) at this point and Trout hasn't even reached his prime years (the kid's just 25 years old) so Trout could never end up with a Dale Murphy career. Mike Trout arguably had one of the best starts to his career in history.

Still...you never know if a career ending injury is right around the corner.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Dale Murphy's best season of his career isn't even as good as Trout's worst season of his career ('87 7.7 WAR vs. '14 7.9 WAR) at this point and Trout hasn't even reached his prime years (the kid's just 25 years old) so Trout could never end up with a Dale Murphy career. Mike Trout arguably had one of the best starts to his career in history.

Still...you never know if a career ending injury is right around the corner.

Yeah, wasn't trying to suggest that Murphy was ever close to Trout's level...more of how his career disolved rather rapidly...I guess my point is that from an investment angle (for all I know the winning bidder is a deep pocketed Trout super fan) I personally would rather have one of the aforementioned cards of 100% proven (they've already had top tier HOF careers) and there is still strong upside to those specific cards within higher grades.

I doubt this injury is going to throw Trout off track, but for $35K for any card of his before his career is nearly over would make me sweat a little. Then again, my pockets aren't that deep LOL.

Members online