Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newly discovered 2014 Heritage Variation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I purchased these 2014 Topps Heritage Albert Pujols recently and was wondering if any of you have seen other players with different colored team name pennants. The yellow one on the left is typical but I have not seen another one like the white one on the right.

1423025963436.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Unless the tiny code on the back bottom is different it's not intended to be a variation. To be honest given the coloring of his skin it looks like the printer ran out of its yellow ink at production time. Might be able to sell it to a player or set collector - Heritage people can go crazy for variations

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
The background is off also - especially in the shadow area. Agree that it looks more like a printing issue than an intended variation.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Either the ink bucket was running low or the printer was adding amine/water to the ink to bring the ph up/down and the amine/water was pumped across the printing plate which caused the faded coloring. If the Pujols is like that, chances are the whole sheet is like that.

Fordman

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Throw out some big number on eBay, see where that goes and interest.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i saw this last night and also thought it was merely a printing flaw due to no/low yellow ink - unfortunately i was unable to reply at the time thanks to one of my furry friends taking it upon herself to pour a full soda into my keyboard , shorting it out....spent 3 hours taking it apart and carefully drying everything before giving up at 6 AM....by noon today , just after i'd called and arranged to go buy a replacement , it started working again (well , at least 90% of the keys - still nothing from the media console keys across the top).....

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
i saw this last night and also thought it was merely a printing flaw due to no/low yellow ink - unfortunately i was unable to reply at the time thanks to one of my furry friends taking it upon herself to pour a full soda into my keyboard , shorting it out....spent 3 hours taking it apart and carefully drying everything before giving up at 6 AM....by noon today , just after i'd called and arranged to go buy a replacement , it started working again (well , at least 90% of the keys - still nothing from the media console keys across the top).....

Yeah, furry friends can be great for things like that. They drive me nuts sometimes but i love them. My cat Likes to step on my keyboard and place bids on cards i don't want!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yeah, furry friends can be great for things like that. They drive me nuts sometimes but i love them. My cat Likes to step on my keyboard and place bids on cards i don't want!

Yeah right! And so does your 5 year son, who just learned how to play mind-craft. :p:p

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

yup...i belong to 20 here at home......er , i mean i have 20 here at home.....also got my dad to adopt 2 more strays in his work shop , 2 in the house with mom , 2 that moved into their garage , and 1 more that was simply born to be wild....i consider all of them as my 27 kids.....i may fuss and cuss at em when they're destroying stuff (half of them think cardboard is food - not good for cards) or slicing up my legs (imagine the damage 20 playful cats and kittens can do to someone who sleeps on a pallet in the middle of the floor because a mattress is too rough on my back) but i love them all dearly and would not trade them for ANYTHING.....my biggest regrets are that i don't have the funds available to rescue MORE and that i haven't had access to any kind of video cameras to capture their kittenhoods......

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
yup...i belong to 20 here at home......er , i mean i have 20 here at home.....also got my dad to adopt 2 more strays in his work shop , 2 in the house with mom , 2 that moved into their garage , and 1 more that was simply born to be wild....i consider all of them as my 27 kids.....i may fuss and cuss at em when they're destroying stuff (half of them think cardboard is food - not good for cards) or slicing up my legs (imagine the damage 20 playful cats and kittens can do to someone who sleeps on a pallet in the middle of the floor because a mattress is too rough on my back) but i love them all dearly and would not trade them for ANYTHING.....my biggest regrets are that i don't have the funds available to rescue MORE and that i haven't had access to any kind of video cameras to capture their kittenhoods......

Wow!! I have 4, which are all rescues too, and I can't imagine having any more than that. 27......I'm not sure I could handle that. I think the thing that is most annoying to me is all the cat hair that just gets on everything. I think I have spent more money on lint rollers in the past 5 years to feed a whole family for a year. But they are so loving that I can't ever stay mad at them for long. That's awesome that you are able to take in that many though - I applaud you :)