Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Announcement about new card company tonight at boomosbreaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Just because you do a Google search and copy and paste the first statute/code that pops up doesn't make you an expert on the subject. First I believe the company is located in Washington. I know your from Philly so doubt you're barred in Washington. Also since it involves a company that does business in multiple states I would think federal laws may be involved. What is your area of expertise? Unless you specialize in regulations involving gaming and/or gambling I don't think it's fair for you to make such a definitive statement as if you are certain it's illegal. I mean if I need brain surgery I don't go to a podiatrist. They may both be doctors but one is qualified to give a definitive opinion and do the surgery and the other is not. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion or that you may not be ultimately right, just that for you to claim to know for sure it is illegal and act like an expert on the subject just because you are an attorney is a little presumptuous and borderline arrogant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jeff....did you move and not tell us?

I marvel at the responses on this board sometimes. It is a bit ironic that a post by Mario1975 that was aimed at basically telling Jeff that he doesnt know what he is talking about actually reveals Mario to be the one who doesnt have a clue.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I appreciate your intel Jeff, so far those 5 cases are it. I believe livecasebreak is doing some tonight.
looking forward to what he gets. I currently have no more ordered, the lottery ticket is just not worth it for someone
who pays and gets it. if everyone of them had 5000 points might not be as bad, those may sell for good money if the
ruth bat thing takes off.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Jeff is from Florida if I recall correctly. Loving the debate but let's keep personal attacks out of it. We can disagree without being ******** about it.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I never said you were wrong. I mentioned how everyone was jumping down the dude's throat for questioning you, as if you are infallible and can't be wrong about anything. That's it. Everyone needs to chill the hell out. As I said, this is baseball cards. Jesus.

I didn't jump on the guy because I believe everything Jeff says. Did you actually read what Mario typed?

Highly doubt the product is illegal. I'm sure the company had lawyers who specialize in the area look into the legality of the product. Really don't see a difference between this and what topps does with the code cards. The product I believe is only sold by the box so you are guaranteed to get a card and/or items, not just the raffle ticket, and the fact you also receive points with the ticket I'm sure also is some sort of defense that it is not an illegal grab bag or lottery. I'm not an expert by any means in this area but I'd be very surprised if there are any legal issues with the product.

Just because you do a Google search and copy and paste the first statute/code that pops up doesn't make you an expert on the subject. First I believe the company is located in Washington. I know your from Philly so doubt you're barred in Washington. Also since it involves a company that does business in multiple states I would think federal laws may be involved. What is your area of expertise? Unless you specialize in regulations involving gaming and/or gambling I don't think it's fair for you to make such a definitive statement as if you are certain it's illegal. I mean if I need brain surgery I don't go to a podiatrist. They may both be doctors but one is qualified to give a definitive opinion and do the surgery and the other is not. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion or that you may not be ultimately right, just that for you to claim to know for sure it is illegal and act like an expert on the subject just because you are an attorney is a little presumptuous and borderline arrogant.

Fact is that Jeff IS a lawyer. He's helped in a situation exactly like this before, discussed ad nauseum on this very board.

The majority of Mario's posts have been like this. He admits to not knowing much about a subject, but puts out long, drawn out ramblings about them. Just because Jeff is the target this time, doesn't make what Mario is posting anything great.

Jeff posted a legit legal statute, regardless of where he found it this particular time. Mario posted, like he seems to a lot, just to have something to type.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Not sure why everyone is attacking me. Never said he was right or wrong just that he's not an expert. He may be ultimately right but the way he presented himself is that it is definitely illegal and that Boomo may/is in trouble as well and what I'm saying is he is not an expert and shouldn't be stating things as fact. If you type in illegal lottery grab bag the California law that he quoted is the first thing that pops up. That's all I'm referencing. Like I said he could be right and everyone is entitled to an opinion, just think to make a definitive statement like he did and saying a member is in legal trouble is wrong. I was not aware of the Brian Grey thing with him. Even so still doesn't make him an expert and neither am I. Never claimed to be. Just so you guys know just because someone is an attorney doesn't make them an expert on everything legal. Most attorneys specialize like doctors. You wouldn't go to a tax attorney for a divorce. The tax attorney may be able to research the law and statutes but still would not know nearly as much as a matrimonial attorney. Laws can also vary greatly by state and change. I'm just saying that before someone makes a statement that a company or member is doing something illegal they should research the issue fully.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
By the way, just so you guys know, I am an attorney as well.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Out of curiosity, what firm do you work for and what areas do you practice?

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
By the way, just so you guys know, I am an attorney as well.

OK this I have to call BS on. I dont mean to jump on the dog pile here but I have a hard time believing you are an attorney. Where did you go to school? What state do you practice in? I know a few phone calls can be placed to confirm your credentials.

I will wait patiently for your information. Please PM me your info so your claims can be confirmed.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Patiently waiting a [MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION] gif of a lawyer employment card from the law firm of Mario and Luigi

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
OK this I have to call BS on. I dont mean to jump on the dog pile here but I have a hard time believing you are an attorney. Where did you go to school? What state do you practice in? I know a few phone calls can be placed to confirm your credentials.

I will wait patiently for your information. Please PM me your info so your claims can be confirmed.

Did you ask this of Jeff, or do you simply accept that he is a lawyer because he says he is? Just curious.

P.S. As if ANYONE has to prove what they do for a living to some stranger online. Give me a break. lol

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
I am no lawyer. I'm just a owner/operator of a small sawmill in north central Missouri. If you have lumber questions I will be happy to try and answer them 😃

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Hope Mario tells you to go f yourself. Who do you think you are? You expect him to pm a stranger his private info? Go read a book or go for a walk and get over yourself.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Why would I lie about being an attorney?