Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Commish rules Pete Rose will remain permanently banned.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Breaking news from ESPN.

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred contacted Pete Rose today to inform him that his permanent ban would stay in place.

Merry Christmas Charlie Hustle!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I love how draft kings is all over MLB network but Pete is out. He Bonds, Clemens and I suspect ARod are the reason I have no interest in going to Cooperstown

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Good, I'm glad. When the current Commish still thinks that gambling is still TOO much of your lifestyle that you are still a risk, it might be time to reevaluate your gambling lifestyle. I wish Dowd could have found him betting against his team so that there would have been some jail time to "sober" Pete up. But Pete will be Pete and continue to lie and deny until the day he is put in this earth.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Take PEDs (cheating) miss part of a season. Bet on your team to win some games, lifetime ban. Still don't get it.

There is a sign in every single clubhouse stating that gambling is a no-no after the white sox affair. Kennesaw Mountain Landis had to take a very harse stance to keep the game solvent and it worked. Gamble on baseball and you are forfeit all rights and priviledges and will become a pariah in baseball's eyes. That is what it took for the players to take notice.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
There is no evidence he bet against his team. Is betting FOR your team to win really that much worse than openly cheating by taking PEDs? What about abusing your wife and missing 5 games? Gambling for your team to win or gambling on games you aren't even involved in are worse than that?

The punishment does not fit the crime. Comparing Rose to the 1919 Black Sox is apples to oranges.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
I think part of the issue with Rose betting on his team is that he didn't always bet the same amount and sometimes he didn't bet at all.

That being said, I firmly believe had Rose played for the Red Sox or Yankees, he would have been reinstated years ago.

NOTE: Not a Rose fan or hater

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts