Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Country Collecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Most of you guys know that I collect Mexican players but over the years I've been adding pieces directly related to the country. It has been an interesting side project.
(Not counting WBC of course).

I will add Bowman International issues later on.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Very interesting and unique. I will have to keep my eyes open for stuff like that. Hopefuly I can score something for you.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I do the same thing but with Japan.

empress_of_japan_zps3fbbbcde.jpg
meiji_zpsa45e9b2a.jpg

samurai_zps6265f875.jpg

fugu.jpg

japanese_smoker.jpg
japan_002.jpg
koi.jpg

japan_001.jpg

matsuzaka_029_zps39236700.jpg

ichiro_matsuzaka_iwamura_zpsefd3d82b.jpg

kawakami_matsuzaka_uehara_001_zps67f2c506.jpg

matsui_ichiro_taguchi_zpsa40ec008.jpg

yabuta_005.jpg

fukudome_024_zps10e32f1d.jpg

wbc_001.jpg

wbc_002.jpg

pride_japan_001.jpg

pride_japan_002.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If the Philippines would have folks playing sports, besides boxing & MMA ...

Doug Baldwin is a guy I'd like to dabble with in the NFL, because he's part Filipino. So is Audray Blatche, a former NBA player.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Doug Baldwin is a guy I'd like to dabble with in the NFL, because he's part Filipino. So is Audray Blatche, a former NBA player.

Roman Gabriel
Jason Bartlett
Tim Lincecum (apparently)
Tim Tebow (born in the Philippines. Parents were missionaries)
Jason Day (waiting on some cards)

2007Ginter.jpg
2008Ginter.jpg
2010Ginter.jpg
2011GinterPhilippineEagle.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Very interesting and unique. I will have to keep my eyes open for stuff like that. Hopefuly I can score something for you.

Thank you very much :D

I Like the cards especially after just visiting Chichen itza in October I have a lot more respect for the ruins.

I was there last year around this time of the year. Beautiful, although I liked more Ek'Balam and Uxmal more, but Chichen takes all the attention. But I won't complain we have a Wonder of the World =)

Not a fan of Paquiao? He had cards on Allen & Ginter

I do the same thing but with Japan.

Awesome collection. I wish Mexico had cabinets besides the Battle of the Alamo.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Great post. Have to ask about the Japan collection, are the Ichiro pieces by far the biggest draw/most expensive pieces to pick up?

Tanaka's pretty tough to get. Doesn't sign much in the states. Other than that Ichiro is the priciest. Followed by Nomo, Hideki Matsui and Darvish. Everyone else is quite affordable.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Very cool collection. I think I like the coin cards the best. Are there any old Tobacco/Candy cards that feature Mexico?

I've seen a flag card from the original Allen & Ginter, 1887. And a couple of cards from that set. There must be more but I haven't entered that territory yet. I hope to reach it somefday.

Members online

Latest posts