Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportlots sellers - block this buyer immediately!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
cbolendz is his name, ripping sellers off apparently is his game.

He purchased a card from me, then submitted an Item Not As Described claim against me the day before it was delivered. That's right, he claimed the item was wrong before he actually had it in hand! Claim went in on the 29th, card was delivered the 30th. Instead of cancelling the claim when he recieved his card, he let the claim stay active, until today, when Sportlots automatically refunded his money. So he has the card, and the money.

Sportlots sellers should know that claims can be cancelled by submitting tracking info...unless it's an Not As Described claim. With those, the seller has the option to just refund, or to refund and require buyer to ship the card back. Or, hope a buyer is honest when he files a bad claim.

Hope that guy enjoys his $1 Oscar Tavares Bowman Mini. Yeah, that's the best part, guy ripped me off for a $1 card.

Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I thought Sportlots always sided with the seller?

A few years back, I bought a couple of common 1989 Topps Traded Tiffany cards from a seller on Sportlots named "48292018". The cards I got were not the Tiffany versions, so I contacted the seller. The seller immediate said that was lying, so I opened a claim. My claim was denied within a day or so.

I talked to one of the administrators over at sportlots.com and he basically said that in the case of one person's word vs another's, they side with the seller.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I thought Sportlots always sided with the seller?

A few years back, I bought a couple of common 1989 Topps Traded Tiffany cards from a seller on Sportlots named "48292018". The cards I got were not the Tiffany versions, so I contacted the seller. The seller immediate said that was lying, so I opened a claim. My claim was denied within a day or so.

I talked to one of the administrators over at sportlots.com and he basically said that in the case of one person's word vs another's, they side with the seller.

I've notified Sportlots about the situation. They'd have no idea what happened, since I wasn't able to provide the tracking # to them when this issue came up. Now that they have it, hopefully they'll see something was amiss with the timeline and rectify it.

"cboldenz" is not recognized as a valid user id.

Yeah, it's cbolendz, the typo monster got me.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
As a buyer the one time I had trouble with a seller on Sportlots I was credited my money and the seller was banned from Sportlots.

Bacon- Have you sent the 3 1998 Thome Tek cards from our trade last month? I haven't received them yet. Let me know. Thanks.

Gary

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Just playing devil's advocate here, because I don't believe anyone would be pathetic enough to risk their name for a $1 card (I'd hope anyway). Is it possible the tracking info just posted a day late (which happens all the time with USPS) and the buyer really had a problem with the card? Did you ever contact the buyer to find out what the problem was?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
cbolendz is his name, ripping sellers off apparently is his game.

I'm not quite sure I agree with that claim as he doesn't show up on the list of buyers with the most issues filed.

I do agree with you there is something screwy if you submitted the tracking number to the open issue dialog, the tracking number returns a result as delivered, and that sportlots sided with the buyer on the claim.

EDIT: I should read the post thoroughly. ;( I see your last paragraph addresses that wit the "item not as described". BTW, I use the large percentage of issues info to set my block list but I would block this user of this thread if I saw other sellers mentioningin this thread or on FCB the same thing about filing an issue before a card arrives.

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
As a buyer the one time I had trouble with a seller on Sportlots I was credited my money and the seller was banned from Sportlots.

Bacon- Have you sent the 3 1998 Thome Tek cards from our trade last month? I haven't received them yet. Let me know. Thanks.

Gary

They're going out tomorrow. I didn't see that I got yours; the bubble mailer was stuck in the middle of a big pile of ads and fliers. My mailman is usually pretty good about letting me know when packages come for me, guess he's on vacation this week.

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I don't believe anyone would be pathetic enough to risk their name for a $1 card (I'd hope anyway). Is it possible the tracking info just posted a day late (which happens all the time with USPS) and the buyer really had a problem with the card? Did you ever contact the buyer to find out what the problem was?

The buyer never communicated anything at all. The only times I have had a Not As Described claims, the buyer communicated to me what was wrong, or at the very least mentioned the problem in the opened claim. Sportlots cancelled the issue and refunded my refund pretty quickly after I explained the situation to them, so I guess they could see there was a problem with the claim.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I haven't had any issues with this guy. I wonder how many manual blocks they can handle - I've beens selling since late 2005. I have 22 manually blocked and probably as many on a non manual block. Usually if I get an item not received or an item not as described I put them on a block list.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't had any issues with this guy. I wonder how many manual blocks they can handle - I've beens selling since late 2005. I have 22 manually blocked and probably as many on a non manual block. Usually if I get an item not received or an item not as described I put them on a block list.

Wait...so if you get a claim against you, you block the buyer? Hopefully they've all been liars and it's not on your end.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
They're going out tomorrow. I didn't see that I got yours; the bubble mailer was stuck in the middle of a big pile of ads and fliers. My mailman is usually pretty good about letting me know when packages come for me, guess he's on vacation this week.

Thanks Jeremy! I'll let you know when I get them.

Gary

The buyer never communicated anything at all. The only times I have had a Not As Described claims, the buyer communicated to me what was wrong, or at the very least mentioned the problem in the opened claim. Sportlots cancelled the issue and refunded my refund pretty quickly after I explained the situation to them, so I guess they could see there was a problem with the claim.

:p

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Wait...so if you get a claim against you, you block the buyer? Hopefully they've all been liars and it's not on your end.

I've filled somewhere north of 7,500 orders - and maybe 50 issues raised. If a buyer makes a claim I can't understand or that I disagree with (condition arguments generally), why do I want to sell to them again. They are likely not liars at all but I don't need the hassle.

If I've also had multiple item not received from a individual customer I stop sending - it could be a dishonest neighbor or postal worker, but I don;t need to find out.

I've had 7 negatives in that time - 2 were legitimate, 5 were unreasonable. There are customers here that can vouch for what I sell through sportlots.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've filled somewhere north of 7,500 orders - and maybe 50 issues raised. If a buyer makes a claim I can't understand or that I disagree with (condition arguments generally), why do I want to sell to them again. They are likely not liars at all but I don't need the hassle.

If I've also had multiple item not received from a individual customer I stop sending - it could be a dishonest neighbor or postal worker, but I don;t need to find out.

I've had 7 negatives in that time - 2 were legitimate, 5 were unreasonable. There are customers here that can vouch for what I sell through sportlots.

Fair enough. But just keep in mind I've been using sportlots for years and I will seriously not get cards. In fact, I order large quantities at a time as I slowly put cards into my cart for sets I'm working on and then when I get enough set aside, I'll go in and pay. So I'll get cards from 20 different sellers at one time. And I'd say on average, I'll not get an order from at least one seller every damn time. Never fails. Or I get the wrong card or the wrong version of the card. It's very easy to have the cards get lost because they all come in pwe's unless you order a nice chunk from one seller. It happens quite a lot.

Just keep that in mind.

WESTLAKE

Jan 11, 2015
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tribefan26

I've done this as well.If I don't trust the seller or I get a neutral after I've solved the problem. As far as refunds go I'll just refund a dollar or 2 order if someone says they didn't get it. Doesn't happen often and it's better then the fight and possible neg.

Members online

Latest posts