Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"A Sign of History" company information?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Yeah, yeah... ugly repulsive junk I know. But does anyone know if "A Sign of History" cards are distributed in packs, or just sold slabbed on eBay? The company website doesn't say. I emailed the contact on the site, and asked how the cards were distributed and if there were checklists for their 2012, 2013 and 2014 issues. The response I got back was, and I quote: "Hi Brad, They are distributed through wholesalers and are often listed on eBay. We do not publish our checklist but distributors have been known to post it. Thanks." Very helpful. Looks like ebay seller "significantsignatures" sells most of these. Are they not boxed and he is the man behind "A Sign of History" cards?

$_57.JPG

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I've always assumed they're just customs made and slabbed by some random guy. As much as I'm generally happy to have new cards to add to my checklist, I've never been able to pull the trigger on any of these.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I agree that the vast majority are ugly. However, there's a Don Zimmer that I actually think looks very nice and isn't priced badly. I usually only add PC items that are issued in packs or SGAs however. I've bought the TriStar slabs, since they are packed out (one per box) and there is a checklist. Was wondering if "A Sign of History" are packed out or not. I don't see any packaging to them, thought someone would know.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I got this off a blog about asignofhistory.com

http://timwallach.blogspot.com/2014/06/2012-sign-of-history.html

"I would be happy to provide information about our company and cards. For years I collected in-person autographs, mostly baseball. As any collector knows sometimes in the process cards get damaged or I had rosters, index cards, programs, etc that I had signed but did not really care to have in my collection. In 2012 I decided to make these extra/damaged autographs into cut signature cards. I contracted a printer and purchased holders (like they use for graded cards) and started A Sign of History. The initial release was a huge success and I had customers e-mailing me about rarity and if they could send their own autographs in to be made into cuts. So in response the 2013 and 2014 releases are all 1/1 cards (only 1 was made for each player) and we created the Custom Cut Program in which customers can send authenticated autographs in for us to make into cut signature cards. So far we have produced over 10,000 cards and continue to grow as our customer base expands.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Matt Moser
A Sign of History"

I know this doesnt help with how they're packed out or a checklist but maybe give you some more insight about who/what.

Fordman

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So this guy "authenticates" these also along with slabs them....What Can go wrong here.....

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
This is one of those deals where I like the idea, but I am not sure this is the way to go about it.

I like the Leaf custom cut deal, but it is just too pricey to get done for the types of guys that I have on cut-able items.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So this guy "authenticates" these also along with slabs them....What Can go wrong here.....

That's not what he said.

customers can send authenticated autographs in for us to make into cut signature cards.

He slabs authenticated autographs, he doesn't authenticate autographs and slab them.

From the website:
1. The autograph must be authenticated by 1 of the following: Historic Grading & Authentication (HGA), James Spence Authentication (JSA), Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA), or SportsCard Guaranty (SGC). It must have an individual certification # (auction letters or stamp of approval will not be accepted). The Certification Card/Letter of Authenticity must be included with your order and will be returned to you.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Custom made- not meant for the player "checklist". Only good for those players without a certified auto. I bought one a while back (so called "1/1") only to see another "1/1" pop up a short while later.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Custom made- not meant for the player "checklist". Only good for those players without a certified auto. I bought one a while back (so called "1/1") only to see another "1/1" pop up a short while later.

Sure it wasn't a different year? He's had series in the past three years, and claims 1/1 per player per year.

Members online

Latest posts