Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Since this is the discussion thread, why don't we get some feedback about what everyone would like to see posted? (Teams, HOFers, Players, Chrome RCs etc...)

Might help facilitate the thread...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Btw Krom, I thought the first nine card lot that you posted would have been right up many collector alleys on here. Surprised no one claimed that one...

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I'd love to see anything Cubs or Bears posted up.

The one Cub card that was posted I claimed but I never received. I'm just patiently waiting for another one to go up

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'd love to see some redsox stuff or BC Autos. with the number of prospectors on the boards, there have got to be a ton of them floating around! I'm also a fan/collector of refractors, so love to see those!
[MENTION=4703]Krom[/MENTION] - I would love them! They will go right into the stashes of refractors I keep. When I get enough to think crazy, I start thinking of making sets!

The lot I took was by no means intended for profit. Not the point of this tread. Already had 2 of the 3 RCs. I feel I posted nice cards in return but some people had their own opinions. I would by no means sell thise cards. Most people here are nice and mean well. Others are in it for greed. Sad!!! I'm a collector, not in this for profit. 30 years doing this and sold 9 things on Ebay. I have a nice lot I wanna put on again, assuming we can have more than one PIF going at the same time.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I was considering instituting a rule that would give the GIVER some power over who gets the card.

Example:
Say I put the AARON up for grabs.
Two people PM me wanting it.
One says they have a Joe Montana slabbed RC to post.
Other says they have McDonalds coupons to post.
I approve the Montana and the thread continues.

THOUGHTS?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I was considering instituting a rule that would give the GIVER some power over who gets the card.

Example:

THOUGHTS?

I think that is a solid rule!

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Example:

THOUGHTS?

Sucks that it has to be this way but I think it's a good idea to keep the bargain bin cards from being on here

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008

Example:

THOUGHTS?

We've had a hard time getting people to claim cards, and we're all interested in keeping in moving quickly. This seems like it would inhibit those ideas.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I like this. I was actually thinking that the giver could also be able to make a couple specifics about who the card(s) could go to, which is exactly what I planned to do the next time I post something.

Some examples:
1) Only people with at least 1,500 posts or 1 year of forum membership
2) Agree only to replace the item with something of equal value and $x is the value I place on this item (should go without saying, but I'll say it - don't be a moron with this - check to make sure you are being reasonable both as the giver and the person agreeing to the terms!).
3) You have to show me what you are going to replace my item with before I agree to let you have it.

Something along these lines. It is your thread though so I didn't want to bring this up; however, you appear to have opened the door to this type of discussion.

Example:

THOUGHTS?

Members online