Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I inadvertently jumped into the vintage cards again when I picked this '33 Goudey up last weekend in a trade. I had sold an old time dealer a large lot of cards and he felt I did not ask for as much as he thought they were worth so he knew I liked the Goudeys and tossed this into the deal.

being a set builder I am not sure I will ever build this set but I might as well pick stuff up if the price is right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1933 goudey 114.jpeg
    1933 goudey 114.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 170

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
@dano7, I love the Diamond Star additions! Are you going for the set?

I don't think I will go for the set because of the variations, but I am going to pick up a few now and then, especially when I find them a good price.
I actually have a few more to post!
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Trying to finish the 1959 errors.
Spahn 1921 birth
Spahn 1931 birth
Nichols (no optioned annoucement)
Hanebrink no trade annoucement)

DANNY

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Bought this raw, and I'm thrilled at the grade from SGC, as I had a slight suspicion that it was trimmed.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
For my Woody Held weiner cards collection. Sugardale's are pretty rare - and funny because they usually have striped hot dog stains since they were inside the hot dog package touching the meat. How many cards say on them "This card may be wiped with a damp sponge."? :)

s-l1000.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
My card buying has all but dried up since I finished most of the Dodgers sets I had been working on and sworn off almost all modern cards. Even the Butler collection has been gathering dust. I pick stuff up here and there for it, but just can't get all that excited about it anymore.

Today's mail changed that a little bit. Some of you may remember that I picked up a couple of Turkey Red cards at the last Chicago National. I had no intention of grabbing any, but once I made the plunge I was hooked. Over the course of the next several months I picked up the rest of the Brooklyn set except one: George Bell. I had several friends keeping an eye out in Atlantic City for it, but they had no luck. I'dve also had the card on my daily search list for at least the last six months, but it remained elusive. That finally changed several days ago when one popped up on eBay. Ended up picking it up for just over the mb and $50 less than the budget I had set for the National.

fyzlht.jpg

Now I gotta figure out how to balance my sig pic - 5 verticals and 3 horizontals seem a little tricky. I guess I could do two rows, but that eats up space on everyone else's screen. #firstworldproblems

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My card buying has all but dried up since I finished most of the Dodgers sets I had been working on and sworn off almost all modern cards. Even the Butler collection has been gathering dust. I pick stuff up here and there for it, but just can't get all that excited about it anymore.

Today's mail changed that a little bit. Some of you may remember that I picked up a couple of Turkey Red cards at the last Chicago National. I had no intention of grabbing any, but once I made the plunge I was hooked. Over the course of the next several months I picked up the rest of the Brooklyn set except one: George Bell. I had several friends keeping an eye out in Atlantic City for it, but they had no luck. I'dve also had the card on my daily search list for at least the last six months, but it remained elusive. That finally changed several days ago when one popped up on eBay. Ended up picking it up for just over the mb and $50 less than the budget I had set for the National.

fyzlht.jpg

Now I gotta figure out how to balance my sig pic - 5 verticals and 3 horizontals seem a little tricky. I guess I could do two rows, but that eats up space on everyone else's screen. #firstworldproblems

GREAT collection!!!!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

fyzlht.jpg

Geordie, beautiful card! I also need to update my signature, drastically... Patience is surely a virtue

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Nearing the completion of my 53-69 Mantle run, very excited to get this one. Far from a perfect card, but I love it nonetheless. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1476743834.274375.jpg

Members online

No members online now.