Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Any interest in this one before it gets listed in the next day or so?

2015toppshightekmagentaproofsHT-RH_zpsemznvccv.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
i picked this up the other day and posted a thread about it but this thread seems to br a good place to post it. i have been going back and forth on listing for sale, but currently not listed again.

96 Fleer Tiffany Gold Letter Error Variation

Last edited:

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I saw one listed on ebay the other day, and the seller wanted $99 for it. Thought it was way too high. Hard to find card, and yours is a beaut! Some day I will have one. Just not at a crazy price!

That 1/1 Tek card is great. Maybe someday for that one too!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I saw one listed on ebay the other day, and the seller wanted $99 for it. Thought it was way too high. Hard to find card, and yours is a beaut! Some day I will have one. Just not at a crazy price!

That 1/1 Tek card is great. Maybe someday for that one too!

Thanks.
And that was me lol. the Jeter sold for 150. so i honestly have no idea on price. and someone offered me 60 for my McGwire so I just dont know the market for them.

I figured go for the Gusto u know.
it is in pretty great shape and Beckett graded the Jeter properly so maybe i should submit it

Last edited:

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Thanks.
And that was me lol. the Jeter sold for 150. so i honestly have no idea on price. and someone offered me 60 for my McGwire so I just dont know the market for them.

I figured go for the Gusto u know.
it is in pretty great shape and Beckett graded the Jeter properly so maybe i should submit it
Totally understand the going for it! There are some Henderson collectors that are paying out the nose for rare cards, and if yours grades high (looks like it would), then they will probably fork over whatever you ask! Good luck and here's hoping for a 10.

h2oya311

Feb 14, 2013
The 'burbs of Phoenix
Who else noticed that we're on page 277 of the Henderson thread and immediately thought of his 1988 Donruss?? You know you're a Henderson fanatic when you think like I did....

In honor of page 277 here's a 1988 Donruss paper proof of the Man of Steal:

1988%20Donruss%20Dark%20Blue%20Paper%20Proof.jpg

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Who else noticed that we're on page 277 of the Henderson thread and immediately thought of his 1988 Donruss?? You know you're a Henderson fanatic when you think like I did....

In honor of page 277 here's a 1988 Donruss paper proof of the Man of Steal:

1988%20Donruss%20Dark%20Blue%20Paper%20Proof.jpg
Sweet!

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I just bought this one on Ebay. It was the only one I could find between Ebay, COMC and Beckett marketplace...are they tough pulls? I noticed he has different game used cards from 2003 Topps Tribute in different uniforms as well.

s-l1600.jpg

h2oya311

Feb 14, 2013
The 'burbs of Phoenix
So the last Chong sold for $929. PSA 6. Guy that bought it now has it listed for $2500 OBO. I hope it never sells. Dick!

Not sure who got a Chong PSA 6 for $929...but great deal! My PSA 6 Chong sold for @ $1725 w/ juice at the Love of the Game Auction that ended on 1/30/16. $2,500 w/ an OBO is a reasonable starting place on eBay if the seller is willing to negotiate down to the $1,500 to $1,750 range. Perhaps it's the same card. For what it's worth, I also sold my SGC 86 Chong for $1,800 privately on 1/19/16. Remember, there are HOF rookie/pre-rookie card collectors competing for the same card and rookie material is going through the roof these days.

As a reminder, I still have lots of great Henderson stuff for sale...I haven't listed much on eBay because I'm buying a new house, but I have a big spreadsheet if you're interested in looking at what I have. I know I've transacted with at least two FCB members privately and am happy to discuss a deal with anyone else on this board.

In fact, looking at your want list, you may want to touch base with me...I have three cards on your current top 10 list

larrybowa10

Oct 28, 2015
north wales pa
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRReal nice! I'm definitely droolin'.

Alright guys, Chris Gilmore was kind and generous enough to allow us our own forum. I had to add the names of you guys so you are able to see the forum, and maybe I did something wrong... I added my name, but I don't see the forum yet. Maybe it takes a few minutes to kick in... I'll get the link up ASAP.

I checked out the newest members and added Larry and Jacob even though they haven't posted. Anybody else who wants to be able to see the Rickey forum needs to LMK by posting in this thread or sending me a PM. :D

you can add me as well thanks

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Welcome Larry Bowa (I am a Phils phan...still love the 80 Phils...my all-time favorite team). As far as my Rickey collection goes, I am nearing some big milestones:

Almost at 5,000 different Rickey items (currently at 4,943)
Almost at 9,000 total Rickey items (currently at 8,854)
Almost at 2,000 total Rickeys with serial numbers (currently at 1,991)
Almost at 1,000 total Rickey "relic" items (currently at 983)
Almost at 100 total Rickey autographed items (currently at 88)

And I've put a soft refusal on purchasing 2015 or 2016 items. Some of the variations are getting ridiculous in my opinion, especially for a player no longer playing.

Some recent grabs that I liked: I closed out all of the 2012 Sportkings Rickeys which had 9 or more in the print run (32 different, including industry summit and show redemptions). Nice.

I also closed out the Blue-Sepia-Emerald-Gold "Rainbows" for the 3 variations in the 2012 Topps Triple Threads Unity subset. Nice.

If anyone has Rickey Becket lists from 2013 and beyond, please let me know. Thanks. And if anyone is interested in trading, I've amassed a decent list of doubles. Let me know.

Pistolpackerpete

Aug 13, 2016
Hi my names Pete, I'm new to all this so please bear with me lol, I am a die-hard Rickey Henderson fan !!! Are you saying you wanna trade some of your Henderson cards sir ??? Thanks for your time, Pete...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hi my names Pete, I'm new to all this so please bear with me lol, I am a die-hard Rickey Henderson fan !!! Are you saying you wanna trade some of your Henderson cards sir ??? Thanks for your time, Pete...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, I would be willing to trade Rickeys I have doubles of for Rickeys I don't have. I have doubles for roughly 940 different Rickey items, so plenty to choose from. Hopefully you have some Rickeys I need too and we can work out a trade. Send a private message and I'll send you my list of doubles. Thanks.

Members online