Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How I keep my collection organized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Very nice looking setup. Much more organized than most!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice sports card room and great organization. That's something I need to do. The bobbleheads look good way up high on the shelve and I like the team stickers on the front of the 5000 count boxes.

Does Hobby Lobby carry 5000, 3200, or 800 count boxes? No card shops here now, which is the only place I have ever seen them. I've got the space, just not enough boxes.

Jul 22, 2016
Hats off to the OP. Even if I had the space I do not think I could get that done. That is years worth of work for me. I wish I had the time and space for that setup

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Very nice room but there's no misc pile of crap on your desktop like most everyone else has!

I used to have my cards in binders, made them nice and easy to look through, but they take up so much room so a number of years ago I moved to 5000 ct boxes. Built some heavy duty shelves in my closet made out of 3/4 inch plywood with 2x4 rings on the walls that they sit on. I can fit 3 boxes high and 2 wide on a shelf and the shelves go from floor to the top of the doorframe where I don't have enough space to really fit anything through the final opening. I'm not a player collector, so I have them by year/brand/alphabetical by last name. We all have our own system that makes sense to us based on our collecting needs and it's neat to see how others do it.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I really like your set up and I need to finish organizing a bit more and I will have something similar. I may have to steal your idea on the boxes to sort out teams. I do have one question though. Do you trade or sell of the commons after a while? That is one issue I run into since I like to open a lot of boxes or I will purchase a collection. I have to purge some of my commons on a regular basis.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I really like your set up and I need to finish organizing a bit more and I will have something similar. I may have to steal your idea on the boxes to sort out teams. I do have one question though. Do you trade or sell of the commons after a while? That is one issue I run into since I like to open a lot of boxes or I will purchase a collection. I have to purge some of my commons on a regular basis.

I try but they are slow movers. I sell 660 count boxes for $20 each, with the understanding that there will be no players in the box that are on my star player list.

Members online

Latest posts