Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do sellers think people are stupid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
So I was watching this auction and was interested in maybe trying to win it. Something just felt wrong about it though so I stayed away...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-DONRUS...R3XzFP4mH2yHN6d27RErQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Then not 24 hours later this appears

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-DONRUS...NED-CASE-OF-24-DOUBLE-WIDE-TINS-/172174952733?

Seller has obviously tried to black out a few more things on the receipt on the side of the box to TRY and make it look different but it is clearly the same box/item. With over 3000 feedback I would hope people wouldn't mess with their auctions but, just seems like another case of someone I want to avoid. It suck too because I would like to have purchased one but now out of principle I refuse. Just irritates the heck out of me.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
So I was watching this auction and was interested in maybe trying to win it. Something just felt wrong about it though so I stayed away...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-DONRUS...R3XzFP4mH2yHN6d27RErQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Then not 24 hours later this appears

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-DONRUS...NED-CASE-OF-24-DOUBLE-WIDE-TINS-/172174952733?

Seller has obviously tried to black out a few more things on the receipt on the side of the box to TRY and make it look different but it is clearly the same box/item. With over 3000 feedback I would hope people wouldn't mess with their auctions but, just seems like another case of someone I want to avoid. It suck too because I would like to have purchased one but now out of principle I refuse. Just irritates the heck out of me.

The seller may have used the same photo's to keep from having to take/post more.

Just my $0.02

Fordman

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes I'd agree that looks odd that it was listed like that. Taking pics can be time consuming so you do have that possibility. Message and ask how many he has?

Ryan

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The winning bid on the auction is suspect, IMO. I say he had two, set the market price and listed as BIN's.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Also I was watching this as well. The top bid was driven up early. No snipes. Probably was banking on at least one to up.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The winning bid on the auction is suspect, IMO. I say he had two, set the market price and listed as BIN's.

Totally agree with you here. As you mentioned, it appeared to me he wanted to set a market and then list at that price. In realty I would spend around $60 DLVD maybe for those boxes.
Just seems like he went though a lot of trouble to try and make it appear that they are different boxes which to me makes me just want to avoid at all cost.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The first 4 pics are the same, and the last 2 in the earlier auction are just darker. Then he took new ones with better light. Maybe the seller is correct because I don't see what the problem is.

Seems like a fun rip, though. Aside from the Precious Metals, I don't think there are any great hits in that product, but they were nice cards.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The first 4 pics are the same, and the last 2 in the earlier auction are just darker. Then he took new ones with better light. Maybe the seller is correct because I don't see what the problem is.

Seems like a fun rip, though. Aside from the Precious Metals, I don't think there are any great hits in that product, but they were nice cards.

The problem is the bidders on the initial auction appear to be BOGUS and he is selling the same EXACT box a day after he supposedly sold it in an auction. That is the problem

Members online