Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your all-time favorite team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
1984 Cubs. Ryno of course, but everyone loved Jody Davis. Broke my 10 year old heart. (Certainly wasn't the last time the Cubs would break my heart.)

I second this! The '84 Cubs were the loosest, most confident team I had even seen and their style of played showed it. Growing up I was a big fan of the Big Red Machine of the early to mid '70's but that 84 Cub team was awesome to watch.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Growing up and being immersed in the sport, I would go with the 81 Dodgers and the 84 Padres. If we are looking historically, then the 55 Dodgers get the nod.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Haha, I guess my ears were burning. That HR off Smith in the 84 NLCS is probably the most exciting moment in sports for me to have watched live (not there, but saw it on TV).

MAn, I hate that guy!

I know there is a huge Garvey fan on the boards but I hate him for what he did to the 84 cubs.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Haha, I guess my ears were burning. That HR off Smith in the 84 NLCS is probably the most exciting moment in sports for me to have watched live (not there, but saw it on TV).

For me it was the worst. I was working for the Cubs at that time and saw my World Series ring fly over the fence when that ball hit by Garvey went over the fence as well. It still hurts over 30 years later. LOL

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe you can ease the pain a little by assuming the Cubs would have lost to Detroit anyway, just like the Padres. That was a gut punch for me after the high of the NLCS, but I was just a few years past an exciting championship with the Dodgers in 81.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
'95 Cleveland Indians. Though they didnt win the series, this was my team growing up. Thome, M. Ramirez, Lofton, Belle, Vizquel, Baerga, Alomar, Murray.