Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marcell Ozuna Traded to the Cardinals For Sandy Alcantara/Magneuris Sierra/Gallen/Castano

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Flaherty and Alcantara I'd imagine, though I'm hoping it is just Alcantara and a couple lesser pieces. General consensus on VEB is it will hurt more than we hoped though.

I really wanted Yelich over Ozuna but Ozuna is still an upgrade.

Now c'mon Mo. Go get Machado and sign him to an extenstion then grab Greinke and call it an offseason.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1
In Stanton talks #Marlins really liked Alcantara, Bader and Weaver among others. Not sure if any are in Ozuna deal, but was told those were #stlcards players Mia asked often about.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Flaherty and Alcantara I'd imagine, though I'm hoping it is just Alcantara and a couple lesser pieces. General consensus on VEB is it will hurt more than we hoped though.

I really wanted Yelich over Ozuna but Ozuna is still an upgrade.

Now c'mon Mo. Go get Machado and sign him to an extenstion then grab Greinke and call it an offseason.
My guess is Sandy and Randall.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My guess is Sandy and Randall.

I've seen that thrown around a lot too. That seems low but maybe the industry values Grichuk higher than I do.

If that's actually the deal then more than happy with it. I like Alcantara a lot but he's one of how many "Throws 100, Plus Changeup, Athletic Delivery" pitchers the Cards have?

Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1
In Stanton talks #Marlins really liked Alcantara, Bader and Weaver among others. Not sure if any are in Ozuna deal, but was told those were #stlcards players Mia asked often about.

If Weaver is involved I'm going to be pissed. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like Alcantara, Grichuk, one of Bader/Sierra/O'Neill either.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've seen that thrown around a lot too. That seems low but maybe the industry values Grichuk higher than I do.

If that's actually the deal then more than happy with it. I like Alcantara a lot but he's one of how many "Throws 100, Plus Changeup, Athletic Delivery" pitchers the Cards have?

If Weaver is involved I'm going to be pissed. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like Alcantara, Grichuk, one of Bader/Sierra/O'Neill either.

Yeah, it does seem low, and I won’t be surprised if there’s more added to that. Expect it honestly.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ironically, the Cards will give up more in terms of prospects than the trades for Gordon and Stanton combined.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Ironically, the Cards will give up more in terms of prospects than the trades for Gordon and Stanton combined.

Just the nature of it given the respective contract situations. Yelich would have been the highest package of any of those options because that contract is so team friendly.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ozuna has to be the most underrated player in the Majors.
His stats this season were incredible. The Cardinals got a steal and he's only 26!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And the last two prospects in this deal.

clarkspencer‏ @clarkspencer
Source: In addition to Alcantara and Sierra, other two prospects Marlins receiving in Ozuna deal are rhp Zac Gallen and lhp Daniel Castano.

Members online