Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROD TO HAVE HIP SURGERY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Alex Rodriguez will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Wait a minute... isn't he worth more than $6M?

220px-Sixmilliondollar1.jpg

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I can't help but be suspicious of all the PEDs he took - maybe it contributed to the decaying of his hip.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I'm fine with going with Chavez until Arod gets healthy.

I don't see him really getting healthy. This is his second hip surgery and now on a different hip.
The damage has been done. This is what years of steroids do to the body. Joints are destroyed and once the
break down starts, it doesn't turn around. This isn't an anti yankee opinion, he did most of the damage long before
even being a yankee. He may have been using back in seattle. It's to bad teams can't break the contract over this
kind of stuff. Angels got stuck paying for GMJ, even though he got caught for using and his numbers dropped.
Big mac was using til the end, and his body continued to break down. His knees got so bad, he limped away.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Good point. I guess you can't assume he's going to be able to play the position when he gets back. What probably is the best move, although it probably won't happen this year, is to make him the everyday dh and move Jeter to 3rd and either pick up a short stop or give Nunez a shot, hoping he can over come his defensive problems last year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I don't see him really getting healthy. This is his second hip surgery and now on a different hip.
The damage has been done. This is what years of steroids do to the body. Joints are destroyed and once the
break down starts, it doesn't turn around. This isn't an anti yankee opinion, he did most of the damage long before
even being a yankee. He may have been using back in seattle. It's to bad teams can't break the contract over this
kind of stuff. Angels got stuck paying for GMJ, even though he got caught for using and his numbers dropped.
Big mac was using til the end, and his body continued to break down. His knees got so bad, he limped away.

Maybe he has hip dysplasia? It happens a lot with dogs.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If the doctors determine at some point that he can't play anymore & is forced to retire, the yankees insurance will pay them back 70% of his contract.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
...and knowing how insurance company's operate, if it is determined that A-Rods (illegal) steroid usage was the cause of his "injuries" you can be assured all bets are off on having them pay.....
There is a near 0% chance they can prove that. Correlation is not causation.

Latest posts