Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No mention of Upper Deck's new ePack program on here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'm going to chase after a handful of cards instead of the set, as I have just been doing the daily packs as well. I'd rather have a few physical cards than a set of digital cards. Once the trading platform is up and running, I'll send you a message.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Easily one of the biggest and game-changing events to happen to the hobby in some time.

Upper Deck has launched their ePack program, allowing you to buy digital packs of cards and have the cards "shipped" to your COMC account to sell.

For right now, they are only offering this with 2015-16 UD Series 1 Hockey. They are offering some special ePack only inserts as well as chase cards to allow for you to combine 10 base or 5 Young Guns into a special, limited edition silver foil version of the card.

Unlike the Topps or Panini Digital apps, this app allows for you to collect digitally and then decide which cards you want to send to COMC to sell or send to you to keep.

To everyone who thought UD was dead or dying, they have just reinvented the hobby.

For more info: https://www.upperdeckepack.com/

Your post smells like an Upper Deck Commercial. What's in this for you? Did they let you buy some of this crap early with the agreement that you would hype the product? I smell a rat.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Your post smells like an Upper Deck Commercial. What's in this for you? Did they let you buy some of this crap early with the agreement that you would hype the product? I smell a rat.

i was thinking the same thing.....

not really a fan of hockey or digital cards in general , but one thing does have me curious.....where does one "go" to get this "daily free pack" and what's the catch ? are all the cards including base tangible or only the "hits" ? frankly if even just the base are digital only , i cold only consider them a figment of the imagination and i for one don't need to add any more clutter like that to my memory palace....

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
You "go" to the website, click "store" and then "open pack." There's no catch, other than giving them an email address to create your account. I've done it pretty much every day for the last month, and so far I've only hit base cards. For a free pack, I suppose it's no surprise they aren't diluting the card pool with inserts or Young Guns, but once in a while would be nice.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i was thinking the same thing.....

not really a fan of hockey or digital cards in general , but one thing does have me curious.....where does one "go" to get this "daily free pack" and what's the catch ? are all the cards including base tangible or only the "hits" ? frankly if even just the base are digital only , i cold only consider them a figment of the imagination and i for one don't need to add any more clutter like that to my memory palace....

anything that is a young gun or insert or better can be shipped to you or automatically sent to your COMC account.

You cannot ship normal base cards. however if you get 10 of one base card you can combine them for a silver foil version of said base card and have that shipped or sent to COMC.

COMC apparently has all these cards in stock from UD already. so the transfer is almost immediate.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

I don't really know why if you're hyping a product you'd add it to the baseball section of a message board...it seems like it would be far more effective in other places. Brad likes to share information and it isn't likes he's been bumping this often or anything...

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
You "go" to the website, click "store" and then "open pack." There's no catch, other than giving them an email address to create your account. I've done it pretty much every day for the last month, and so far I've only hit base cards. For a free pack, I suppose it's no surprise they aren't diluting the card pool with inserts or Young Guns, but once in a while would be nice.

exactly what website ? regular upper deck site or something slightly different ?

anything that is a young gun or insert or better can be shipped to you or automatically sent to your COMC account.

You cannot ship normal base cards. however if you get 10 of one base card you can combine them for a silver foil version of said base card and have that shipped or sent to COMC.

COMC apparently has all these cards in stock from UD already. so the transfer is almost immediate.

so based upon this , it seems safe to say the base cards are purely "imaginary" unless you accumulate enough (10 ?) to turn them into something tangible (a silver parallel ?) ....correct ?

Free packs only have base cards. Packs bought have inserts and such.

and combining this with the info from the previously quoted message .....with a limit of 1 free 3-card pack per day and the need to acquire 10 of any one intangible card to magically transform it into a real physical card , both the daily free packs AND the base cards from purchased packs are essentially worthless unless one plans to buy TONS of this stuff .....

somehow i just don't see this as revolutionizing the hobby or convincing the majority of collectors to buy this type of product.....

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
correct, and this is why trading will be nice because people can at least trade to get enough to get to 10 more easily. Sadly even the silver foils don't hold much value.

exactly what website ? regular upper deck site or something slightly different ?

so based upon this , it seems safe to say the base cards are purely "imaginary" unless you accumulate enough (10 ?) to turn them into something tangible (a silver parallel ?) ....correct ?

and combining this with the info from the previously quoted message .....with a limit of 1 free 3-card pack per day and the need to acquire 10 of any one intangible card to magically transform it into a real physical card , both the daily free packs AND the base cards from purchased packs are essentially worthless unless one plans to buy TONS of this stuff .....

somehow i just don't see this as revolutionizing the hobby or convincing the majority of collectors to buy this type of product.....

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
correct, and this is why trading will be nice because people can at least trade to get enough to get to 10 more easily. Sadly even the silver foils don't hold much value.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Moxacaine on epack, feel free to friend me.

I'll accept any trade request if you want cards I have 5 or less off and you're offering the same amount that I have 6 or more of.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

I bet you yell at your TV when a new advertisement for deodorant comes on too, don't you?

I apologize to my fellow hobby enthusiasts for getting excited for anything new and revolutionary in our hobby. I will attempt to contain my excitement from here on out, in order to appear as if I am not hyping a product or to have appeared to have been compensated to post.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

I'll accept any trade request if you want cards I have 5 or less off and you're offering the same amount that I have 6 or more of.

My username is Ghumbs. I'll take any trade where you give me cards I have 6 or more of and I give cards I have 5 or fewer.

just signed up and "opened" my first pack....3 guys i've never heard of before....don't really know my way around the site yet and won't really have time to explore it til sunday but i'll try to remember the daily free pack to see if i can get anything you guys need.....if you want to add me there , i'm using my much-more-common user id : cmcjr99

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

added you as a friend and was trying to offer a trade , but i just can't seem to get it to work....every time i click to add cards nothing happens or if i return to the trade page it's still blank asking me to add cards or send it empty and allow you to pick from my cards...

so just how on earth do i actually make an offer ? (i only have 6 cards , but of those 6 , you have either 8 or 9 of four of them...was trying to offer you your 10th darren helm (card 64) travis zajac (card 116).....if you need those two , please tell me what to do to submit the offer OR send me an offer for them and i'll accept it ASAP....

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Click trading at top, hit + in area where it says card you give and click check mark by card then say back to trade and do same for card you want and send. I didn't think I'd get it but used tutorial on site for help.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Click trading at top, hit + in area where it says card you give and click check mark by card then say back to trade and do same for card you want and send. I didn't think I'd get it but used tutorial on site for help.

What I tried but with no luck.....then 5 minutes later the site refused to let me do anything ....kept telling me I had to enable cookies to use the site....an hour later it returned to normal but only for about e minutes...figure it was a site issue since it refused to work on multiple computers....will try again tonight...

Members online