Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
@clarkfan

Does anyone here have an idea as to how many of the 1992 Donruss Supers are out there? I think it was clarkfan who had the Frank Thomas and the Will Clark for sale about 5 years ago that went somewhere in the $8,000 range apiece. Have seen conflicting info on production run of either 10 or 20 per card. I picked up a very nice one recently and was hoping to find some more info. Will post a photo once I have it in hand. Thanks!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
@clarkfan

Does anyone here have an idea as to how many of the 1992 Donruss Supers are out there? I think it was clarkfan who had the Frank Thomas and the Will Clark for sale about 5 years ago that went somewhere in the $8,000 range apiece. Have seen conflicting info on production run of either 10 or 20 per card. I picked up a very nice one recently and was hoping to find some more info. Will post a photo once I have it in hand. Thanks!

For starters, I got no where near 8k each. Holy crap, I wish. I think they were $1800 to $2000 each, still awesome, but not 8k. I have exact number on my work computer I can check later. I've sold at least 1 of every player in the set too. I think all we will ever have is best guesses on the mintage. 10 to 20 is probably a fairly accurate number. Obviously, Clark & Thomas are the big dogs in the set with Ripken next in line. For about 10 years of searching Ebay, I never saw any. Then once I sold a few for those fairly high numbers, a few more surfaced. I used to think they were impossible to find, maybe 3 to 5 each, but that number definitely changed when I tracked multiple sales after mine. You still have an awesome card, as long as you nabbed a top tier player. The lesser names were tough sells.

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for the quick, thorough reply! First off, have to say that I really appreciate your collecting style and have learned quite a bit from your listings. I mean, who knew that vintage nerf footballs can routinely fetch near $100? All about finding those rare, collectible items and watching your items has been really instructive over the years.

I remember the original listing on the Supers was a big number and it appears that worthpoint does not actually capture the actual best offer price, only the original listing price - so that's where the $8,000 cite came from.

So here is what I have. A pretty nice one. Randy has a strong collector following to boot:
randy.JPG

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the quick, thorough reply! First off, have to say that I really appreciate your collecting style and have learned quite a bit from your listings. I mean, who knew that vintage nerf footballs can routinely fetch near $100? All about finding those rare, collectible items and watching your items has been really instructive over the years.

I remember the original listing on the Supers was a big number and it appears that worthpoint does not actually capture the actual best offer price, only the original listing price - so that's where the $8,000 cite came from.

So here is what I have. A pretty nice one. Randy has a strong collector following to boot:
View attachment 60584

Yeah, if I remember right, I basically had deals in place before I listed them, so I had to put up a best offer so high, the crazy Clark guys like myself wouldn't immediately nab them before my original buyer had their shot at it. But I wanted the deal to be on Ebay so the final value could always be tracked & verified. Once again, just one of the many cards I had that I had to sell a very certain & calculated way.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Try to find a Thomas. I still had many buyers interested in another Thomas so you could do very well with it. Clark is obviously an easy sell too. Shockingly, Ripken took me longer. RJ is probably in that next tier of sellable ones, so he should sell without too much issue, but I have seen at least a few of his sell in the past few years so the big RJ guys may have scored theirs already.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Does anybody have one of these they would sell?

looking to add it to my other 5x7s and get them framed. Missed an auction last night for $4.99 that had one in it, so if anyone picked it up I'll buy or trade for it.

Picked this up last week

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone know the "book" value or the going price for the 2003 Fleer Tradition Hardball preview cards?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone know the "book" value or the going price for the 2003 Fleer Tradition Hardball preview cards?

Nothing except for Jeter.

Griffey sold for $2 and ichiro for $1 and change shipped.

They were really hard to get out of packs

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Never heard of or seen these. ANyone know if there is a Thomas in the set?

though it's not a direct answer to your question , check out the first link i posted (in message #611 )....that article at least mentions the KNOWN cards and i am quite sure some of the super sleuths here can go far beyond what i can do and use that article to track down more info....

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
1996 CIRCA PROMO PACK with Will Clark Boss '96 Top showing :cool:

clark-promo-frt.jpg

clark-promo-back.jpg

I watched the listing and was interested in it, but didn't pull the trigger. However I didn't think it was a Promo Pack. It's been 20 years so I was thinking the packs were done like 1994 Flair with a inner cello pack? Or is this not a "base" pack?

Ryan

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't remember, if I even bought any Circa in packs that year. I would tend to agree with you though. If it is more than 3-5 cards, it is likely just a regular pack.

Along the same lines, I did save a regular 94 Flair pack like that with the cello wrapping though that showed a Maddux Hot Glove. Figured there was nothing better inside the pack, so might as well keep it sealed.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't remember, if I even bought any Circa in packs that year. I would tend to agree with you though. If it is more than 3-5 cards, it is likely just a regular pack.

Along the same lines, I did save a regular 94 Flair pack like that with the cello wrapping though that showed a Maddux Hot Glove. Figured there was nothing better inside the pack, so might as well keep it sealed.

A seller has the Clark Hot Glove packs on eBay, but it's a lot of 10. I want one but they won't break up the lot.

Ryan

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I watched the listing and was interested in it, but didn't pull the trigger. However I didn't think it was a Promo Pack. It's been 20 years so I was thinking the packs were done like 1994 Flair with a inner cello pack? Or is this not a "base" pack?

Ryan

The only 1996 Circa Boss promo was Cal Ripken Jr.

Members online

Latest posts