Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else notice the price base topps Curry rookies are getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
For a card I paid $8 for two years ago, all I can say is I wish I had found more. For some reason, topps in general for that year(09-10) is not easy to find. I never even saw a box for sale at a local shop or show. But for a base rookie non-auto/non-gu/non-numbered card to be getting over $200 raw is insane. Makes Mike Trout update rookies look like small fries.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
mentioned in a couple other threads , but in case you missed them , march 10th one was sold on ebay for 999 as a BIN and 6 others went at auction for over 600 each,.....

not nearly the same insanity , but yesterday one of my customers at the market was commenting on how many of his 2nd and 3rd year low-end base were now moving very well at $15 or more.....naturally this is sure to come to an end with a big thud soon , but should the warriors get the record , i think you'll see the trend continue at least as long as golden state is still alive in the postseason before a big market correction occurs in the off-season....

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Holy crap! And they were raw? Jesus! Yeah, I'd sell mine for that much. And I never sell.

I'm surprised to hear you say 2nd and 3rd year cards are up. That usually doesn't happen any more. In fact I haven't heard of that since the early 90's.

And I agree, price will drop dramatically. I just can't believe they climbed so high.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Holy crap! And they were raw? Jesus! Yeah, I'd sell mine for that much. And I never sell.

I'm surprised to hear you say 2nd and 3rd year cards are up. That usually doesn't happen any more. In fact I haven't heard of that since the early 90's.

And I agree, price will drop dramatically. I just can't believe they climbed so high.

yup...all raw....a graded one sold at the same time for over 1900....sure wish i had a couple on hand (been a fan of his since his days at davidson - except that one game he played against my game****s in the nit his final season) but i there's no way i can justify buying in at the current prices

fwiw , i also saw someone asking 9k for a sealed box recently....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Was topps limited in release that year? Now that I think about it, it's always been hard to find base topps wax for basketball. Of course you can find it online. But offline, I've never had much luck and tend to buy just singles.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
When I found out of the insane prices a few weeks ago, I dug mine out of a 5000 count box. Yeah, that's how much I originally thought it was worth. I ended up getting $270 for it on COMC, so not too bad. That said, a few months ago I threw out all my 2011-12 basketball cards that weren't rookies or inserts. I'm sure there were a few Curry's in there. Also, I think I originally pulled a Topps Gold Curry RC only to get a few bucks of credit for it at my LCS. Who would have guessed.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've only ever owned one "good" Curry, the 11-12 Modern Marks Auto. Think I sold for $75 but I'm sure it woulda brought a few more dollars these last few months. But I haven't seen one for sale.

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
When I found out of the insane prices a few weeks ago, I dug mine out of a 5000 count box. Yeah, that's how much I originally thought it was worth. I ended up getting $270 for it on COMC, so not too bad. That said, a few months ago I threw out all my 2011-12 basketball cards that weren't rookies or inserts. I'm sure there were a few Curry's in there. Also, I think I originally pulled a Topps Gold Curry RC only to get a few bucks of credit for it at my LCS. Who would have guessed.

Yeah, that gold woulda fetched 4 digits easy I'd think.

Really, I always liked Curry. Really wanted an auto since he entered the league but just didn't want to pay that much for one. And no, they weren't super expensive but I just didn't think he justified the price at the time. But I don't think anyone could have foreseen this. Oddly enough I've got most of the other players auto'd rookies currently on the team. Just no Curry...😔

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Saw this thread and thought I might have one, so I dug through my 8 3200 count boxes of basketball cards I've never really sorted and found a Topps base rookie and a 2009-10 Prestige Prestigious Picks Black Parallel insert #/25. I had all my golds from Topps that year in a group and was hoping for the best....but didn't luck out. And randomly came across a 2012-13 Panini Intrigue Dwight Howard #1 /1 I missed year ago. All in all a good evening, guess it pays off every once in awhile to be unorganized

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Saw this thread and thought I might have one, so I dug through my 8 3200 count boxes of basketball cards I've never really sorted and found a Topps base rookie and a 2009-10 Prestige Prestigious Picks Black Parallel insert #/25. I had all my golds from Topps that year in a group and was hoping for the best....but didn't luck out. And randomly came across a 2012-13 Panini Intrigue Dwight Howard #1 /1 I missed year ago. All in all a good evening, guess it pays off every once in awhile to be unorganized

I'd say those are some good finds. Selling or holding? If you sell, I hope you do well and can translate it into something(s) you want.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts