Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value wise, who's the worst Hall of Famer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Considering the values for EVERYTHING related to the player, which HOF player has the least value?

I'm thinking Sutton and Niekro have to be at the top.

Their base cards are worthless (besides high end graded), their game used cards are $3 and their autos are $10 or less.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Really depends on what you are looking at. Any of the vintage players may have test, regional or food issue cards that are highly valuable.

Sutton definitely gets very little hobby love though, for sure.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bob Lemon?
Among deceased '50s players, probably.

But modern HOFers like those already mentioned (Sutton, Niekro, Gossage, Blyleven, etc.) have not only very cheap autographs, but worthless base cards, along with most game-used cards.

Lemon has valuable '52 Topps and other base Bowman and Topps cards that bring in big bucks in high grade

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
How about for position players?

You're right, we're all being "position-ist" here.

How about Aparicio? Brooks Robinson?
Obviously high end vintage is pricey but autos and game used cards aren't.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Which Hall of Famer has the cheapest best rookie card (including traded/update sets).
Meaning, his most valuable rookie is the cheapest among Hall of Famers.

I was thinking Alomar or Biggio, but they both have first cards in the relatively uncommon '88 Score update set.

Maybe Sutter or Gossage? Their rookie cards are from the '70s, but they're probably only a few bucks each.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Which Hall of Famer has the cheapest best rookie card (including traded/update sets).

I was thinking Alomar or Biggio, but they both have first cards in the relatively uncommon '88 Score update set.

Maybe Sutter or Gossage? Their rookie cards are from the '70s, but they're probably only a few bucks each.

Smoltz, glavine, larkin, etc

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

i believe sutter is still $15 and i know gossage is at $30 (talking BV as opposed to sale value of course)....

Members online