Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is what happens when people have too much money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351756517397

Yes I know it's basketball but substitute this card with a similar $2 modern baseball card.

If I won power ball there's no way I'd drop over $11k on a $2 modern card regardless of scarcity.

To me this card reeks of being a sucker.

To put it in perspective, you can just about buy TWO psa 9 Jordan rookies for same or less price.

Now, dropping a half mill on a Mantle or similar vintage legend, that's different.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Def nuts, was actually just talking to someone today about 86/87 Fleer. The Kareem 10 is like 20k+ I think. An acquaintance (who's a pro FB player) of my friend recently (within last year or so) bought/ripped a box and ended up with two MJ 10s and two 9s. Not sure what the other guys graded at though. This guy is also the consignor of the BGS 10 Kobe 96 Chrome Refractor PWCC has up now.

Ryan

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
It's the hardest 10 in what is probably the most collected registry set so while the price is crazy, at least there's some reasons

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Haven't priced Jordan rookies but if two 9's will run you 11 g's, I'm out! I was hoping to get one one day. Looks like an 8 will have to do.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
When I started on the registry in 2002 there were something like 3 Moore 10s and they were all accounted for. Tough card. And a lot of the 9s are pretty weak.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Price is for sure crazy but so is the 1st bidder....

Bidding Details
s.gif

s.gif

Bidder Information
Bidder:
s.gif
4***m
s.gif
( 4 )
s.gif
iconNewId_16x16.gif
s.gif

s.gif
100%
s.gif
Positive
Item description:
s.gif
Item Title: 1986 Fleer Basketball Johnny Moore #76 PSA 10 GEM MINT (PWCC)
Bids on this item:
s.gif
s.gif

30-Day Summary
Total bids:
s.gif

Items bid on:
s.gif

Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
100%

s.gif

Bid retractions:
s.gif
Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It prob ranks up there with the biggest difference % wise between raw copy vs graded price. 11,000+ x's what you can buy the card raw for. Any other card approach that?

Ryan

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
This is well known among registry collectors. Also a reason I always urge other collectors to grade their cards with PSA and not Beckett. The people with $$ in this hobby want their cards in psa slabs, and if you have to sell for one reason or another you will want to realize the best prices possible. I am not in the position to spend that kind of $$ on a card, but all of the Jordan Fleer cards have exploded in price in higher grade as well. Not long ago a 1986 fleer psa 9 Jordan was around 3k. It doubles overnight. An 88 fleer psa 10 goes from $500 to over 2k. And the 91 went from $20 about 6 months ago and then I sold mine via auction for $885.

Grade with PSA people. Collectors want cards they know are authentic and high grade, pictures can be deceiving, BGS is a dying magazine company with an old business model, I used it at first because I didn't know any better. So glad I switched to PSA about 8 years ago.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Price is for sure crazy but so is the 1st bidder....

Bidding Details
s.gif
s.gif
Bidder Information
Bidder:
s.gif
4***m
s.gif
( 4 )
s.gif
iconNewId_16x16.gif
s.gif
s.gif
100%
s.gif
Positive
Item description:
s.gif
Item Title: 1986 Fleer Basketball Johnny Moore #76 PSA 10 GEM MINT (PWCC)
Bids on this item:
s.gif
s.gif
30-Day Summary
Total bids:
s.gif
Items bid on:
s.gif
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
100%
s.gif
Bid retractions:
s.gif
Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif

PWCC is a consignor, he is not schilling any of his auctions. He has the largest following on eBay it would be dumb for him to do this. I have also sold some Fleer psa 10s that were bid up early by fairly new bidders, like this. I would never do it, but PWCC is followed by people who only bid on his stuff. People that use to only use Auction houses like Heritage. They do not buy patch cards or superfractors, they only buy super high end psa graded. So this is common to have people only bid on his auctions and nothing else on eBay. Also since he consigns this actually could be the card owner creating an id without PWCC's knowledge and doing so. PWCC lists all his auctions at .99 for 10 days. I assure you he is completely abod board.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Bottom damaged by the PSA case, out just an illusion?

Also, those who think One Touches are horrible for cards, see how much free space that PSA case had?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
PWCC is a consignor, he is not schilling any of his auctions. He has the largest following on eBay it would be dumb for him to do this. I have also sold some Fleer psa 10s that were bid up early by fairly new bidders, like this. I would never do it, but PWCC is followed by people who only bid on his stuff. People that use to only use Auction houses like Heritage. They do not buy patch cards or superfractors, they only buy super high end psa graded. So this is common to have people only bid on his auctions and nothing else on eBay. Also since he consigns this actually could be the card owner creating an id without PWCC's knowledge and doing so. PWCC lists all his auctions at .99 for 10 days. I assure you he is completely abod board.

IMO they dont police their auctions as much as they say they do. Do they shill their auctions, who knows, (not saying THEY personally do) but the evidence would suggest quite a few of the people who consign their cards to them do. It is the nature of the beast. When people sell on consignment eBay makes it way to easy for them to manipulate.

I would be curious
how many bidders they have actually blocked from bidding on their auctions do to concerns of shilling over the last 5 years. That may be a good tell tale sign of how serious they are about people shilling. Actions speak louder than words. Anyone can say it but do they actually do it? If they do then Kudos to them. It would be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Members online