Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cmcjr99's july 2016 collection buyout thread - will update regularly with the available finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
after a nice winter and early spring , it's been really slow at the local market since memorial day and yesterday was no different.....despite the slow day in terms of sales , yesterday may end up ranking at the top of my list ....a local former collector set up for the first time...his collection mostly consisted of 90's material (he said he packed it all in right around 2000 and now just had not had any interest in cards since).....although he said his main collecting focus was griffey , a quick look at what he had on his table showed he also had quite a few cards of jeter , thomas , piazza , a-rod , ripken , ryan , and manny as well as tons of parallels (which are a personal favorite of mine).....many partial and complete sets , starting line-ups , back issues of beckett , SI , and a few other magazines ....really just too much to list right now....i knew i was broke but he talked me into taking a triple-shoe of inserts off his hands and then he added an album filled with inserts before a few singles caught my eye....i grabbed 6 of them right away....a few hours later he came to my table and made me the proverbial offer i couldn't refuse....buy him out and i could take everything home with no money down and plenty time to pay - quite simply , he wanted the material gone.....i knew it wouldn't all fit in my car (he had a truckload and my little camry was already stacked nearly floor to ceiling with my own inventory) so we worked it out so that i could bring the key items home immediately and he is going to bring the rest back next saturday....

ANYway...i didn't come here to bore you with such a long story...i'll save the details for a new thread or two as i find time to get the collection sorted and organized....the purpose of this post (finally) is to see if anyone here can help me with semi-current market values on two cards....

both are 2000 e-x essential credentials now parallels....

the first is jose canseco /49.....the card is priced in beckett , but i've not been able to find a single one live or recently sold anywhere....the closest i came was a 1999 (or perhaps it was 1998 ?) canseco numbered to 99 that did SELL for significantly more than the BV of the 2000 version with less than half the print run....

the second is adam piatt /13....he gets the "no pricing due to scarcity" N/A tag....burbank has one on ebay , but that's the only one i've found live and i've found no actual sales ....

as a parallel fanatic i'd love to keep both of these , but considering my current financial situation i know i'm going to have to move a large portion of the new collection .....knowing even a little bit about some of the historical sales of cards from the essential credentials sets (whether it be big names or even simply super low print run commons) , i was hoping to get some idea of what the current market would be for each of these two before deciding if they get to stay here with me or if they fall into the "love 'em but they gotta go" category....

thanks in advance for any help/info that can be offered....

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2008
Canseco has 3 cites on worthpoint. One is dubious at $99.99 (likely best offer, not captured by worthpoint), 2 others 5-6 yrs ago for $40 and $80. Guessing you could get $50-60. This set has a LOT less of a following than prior year credentials sets, so for the Piatt guessing maybe $15-20 to be realistic, even considering how crazy rare that is.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think you need to contact mouchi and make sure he doesn't have one.

Were there any Darryl Kile parallels buried in his stuff?

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
after a nice winter and early spring , it's been really slow at the local market since memorial day and yesterday was no different.....despite the slow day in terms of sales , yesterday may end up ranking at the top of my list ....a local former collector set up for the first time...his collection mostly consisted of 90's material (he said he packed it all in right around 2000 and now just had not had any interest in cards since).....although he said his main collecting focus was griffey , a quick look at what he had on his table showed he also had quite a few cards of jeter , thomas , piazza , a-rod , ripken , ryan , and manny as well as tons of parallels (which are a personal favorite of mine).....many partial and complete sets , starting line-ups , back issues of beckett , SI , and a few other magazines ....really just too much to list right now....i knew i was broke but he talked me into taking a triple-shoe of inserts off his hands and then he added an album filled with inserts before a few singles caught my eye....i grabbed 6 of them right away....a few hours later he came to my table and made me the proverbial offer i couldn't refuse....buy him out and i could take everything home with no money down and plenty time to pay - quite simply , he wanted the material gone.....i knew it wouldn't all fit in my car (he had a truckload and my little camry was already stacked nearly floor to ceiling with my own inventory) so we worked it out so that i could bring the key items home immediately and he is going to bring the rest back next saturday....

ANYway...i didn't come here to bore you with such a long story...i'll save the details for a new thread or two as i find time to get the collection sorted and organized....the purpose of this post (finally) is to see if anyone here can help me with semi-current market values on two cards....

both are 2000 e-x essential credentials now parallels....

the first is jose canseco /49.....the card is priced in beckett , but i've not been able to find a single one live or recently sold anywhere....the closest i came was a 1999 (or perhaps it was 1998 ?) canseco numbered to 99 that did SELL for significantly more than the BV of the 2000 version with less than half the print run....

the second is adam piatt /13....he gets the "no pricing due to scarcity" N/A tag....burbank has one on ebay , but that's the only one i've found live and i've found no actual sales ....

as a parallel fanatic i'd love to keep both of these , but considering my current financial situation i know i'm going to have to move a large portion of the new collection .....knowing even a little bit about some of the historical sales of cards from the essential credentials sets (whether it be big names or even simply super low print run commons) , i was hoping to get some idea of what the current market would be for each of these two before deciding if they get to stay here with me or if they fall into the "love 'em but they gotta go" category....

thanks in advance for any help/info that can be offered....

Sounds like it's going to be a fun lot to go through... If you come across any Juan Gonzalez stuff I'm more then likely interested in it if you're looking to sell it...

Kevin

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I could be way off base, but I seem to recall I bought mine off of an individual for $30-40 or so.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
thanks for the info guys.....the figures cited by chipper from worthpoint and his estimate sound somewhat like what i was expecting but couldnt find data to back up ....based on the canseco numbered to 99 going for either 68 or 78 i think , i was thinking of an ebay listing with a BIN in he 80 to 100 range with the best offer option OR shopping it around here......i may adjust my plan and if no one here takes it , put it up with at 75 OBO just to see what happens....as for the piatt , based on burbank asking 35 , i was thinking of a 25 OBO ebay listing....

aside from the bulk lots of parallels or partial insert sets , MOST singles seem to be griffey , frank thomas , mike piazza , derek jeter , cal ripken , nolan ryan , manny ramirez , and alex rodriguez....

i've only begun to skim through the first shipment so far....nothing really big yet , but then again i've only brought home about 20% of the collection so over the next 2 weeks i'll be bringing home the rest and slowly sifting through them......so far i've brokered a deal to move some of he griffey material to a local collector and i plan to try to fill quite a few holes in my own 90's insert and parallel sets.....i know there are tons of low-end inserts and parallels (in the $1-3 range) as well and hundreds more that will fall in the $4-10 range.....i'd be more than willing to either run a new thread for specific player requests or even simply add items here as i get things organized....that would likely mean listing a lot of stuff most player collectors would already have , but if it means moving a few cards that someone else does need more than me , then by all means i'll do it....so feel free to drop names....aside from my own set-building needs , my biggest interest from this era lies in puckett , bonds , bo jackson , clemens , randy johnson , pedro , frank thomas , albert belle , and a-rod.....

so far i am on the lookout for griffey , deion sanders , strawberry , and mattingly for a pair of local collectors .....anything i dont need and the locals dont need will be fair game here or then on to ebay (or heck - i may even try my luck with comc).....

in addition to what i'm already seeking for myself and the locals , i'll be on the lookout for kile , chipper , juan , and canseco .....i'll do my best to post updates of my progress at least once or twice a week and will check in periodically to see if anyone else has any special requests ....

one other note while it's on my mind....1994 collector's choice future foundation subset.....i've been aware of the gray letter/white letter variation for years.... i know beckett still had the white letter version unpriced as recently as earlier this year.....over the years i've owned 30-40 a-rods (about half pulled from packs , a quarter from factory sets , and a quarter acquired second-hand) .....literally EVERY ONE was the white letter version which is supposed to be rather scarce (and which beckett has finally priced at $30 some time in the past few months).... the first part of this lot contained 4 or 5 a-rod choice rookies and EVERY ONE was the "common" gray letter version that i had never even seen one of until this weekend.....go figure....

Last edited:

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I would be interested in jeff bagwell if you come across some numbered parallels I need.

Thanks
Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
checking back to get the new names added before starting work today.....i'm a couple days behind on really digging into this first batch because i had no access to beckett the past few days ....not using it so much for VALUES , but because i'm a heavy user of the organize tool (combined with my own spreadsheets) plus use it to gather other information on exactly what card is what version , etc and frankly i was too tired to start on my own sheets and then have to go back and redo the same cards when i got my opg back on....

started last night by pulling a hundred or so inserts out of the 100-count player cases that i was told were just base stuff....nothing earth-shattering , but a nice stack of inserts with BV's of 4 , 6 , 10 , and 12 (awesome since i thought those boxes were going to be all .50 to 1.00 base card type) .....i intentionally started with 1994 so i could start looking for items to fill holes in some of my insert albums....found a few and will move into 1995 and 1996 tonight....lots of those are obviously low-end , but since is my lightest day of the week , some time late tonight i'll get a list here of what i've found so far....some may be kept , some may be available , but at least for now as long as i can keep up with it , i'll try to post it all even if most of it is stuff all the advanced player collectors here no longer need or care about....

all in all , i'm very excited (i'm the kid in a candy store AND it's christmas time) and really hope i can mark a few items off my numerous insert set needs AND help some of you out even it is just a few cards here and there ......2 disclaimers though - 1) no promises on what will or wont be available ...even if i post it , it may be just to show the inventory....and 2) i fully do NOT expect to see the HUGE 90's items so many of you crave such as crusades , mirror golds , executive proofs , etc....there MAY be some hiding in there somewhere , but if so that will be a bonus instead of the expectation....

well...time to go do some "real" work before sitting down with the cards.....i hope to be back with the beginnings of a list around midnight ET,,,,see ya then guys....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts