Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Series 1 - design revealed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2017-topps-series-1-baseball-cards

2017-Topps-Series-1-Baseball-Base-kershaw.jpg

I think I like it, although it's not terribly different from the past couple years.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It's pretty clean. I think I actually like it a lot. It does look a bit like an Opening Day insert though. Will be interesting to see how they mix in parallels and Chrome with that design but my initial reaction is thumbs up. Better version of the last couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I like it! I think Topps has done a great job moving things forward in terms of design.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Personally not a fan. Prefer 2015 amongst last 3 years. 2016 still eh but I like more than 2017.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
if topps went back to etched chrome, the chrome version of this design would look awesome!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I kind of like borders, so I'm torn. It's clean and all, but I like the base set to have borders and you can get creative with the other stuff.

I'm not saying it looks bad, just maybe not what I want in my base Topps.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I really like this design. It's modern era design really gives it an up to date feel.

It reminds me of an Upper Deck design but I can't put my finger on which set it was.

It does kinds remind me of UD Xponential a little bit.

08UDXP3AR.jpg

angelsX6.jpg

Looks like Stadium Club-ish to me. Happy to see less filters thou!

I agree, save the filters for inserts.

Topps is really doing themselves a favor by doing away with the drab plain white stock bordered cards that they done for years. I have also noticed that for the last two years, Topps has been using a thinner paper stock for base so that could be a big factor of why the white bordered cards are going to the way side.

Fordman

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts