Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Stadium Club Executive edge gold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The seller sent me a message through ebay that I figured I would share as well. Looks like a couple numbers could be different from the regular set. Could this be some sort of test set? Who knows.

"Also, I've noticed a couple number discrepancies, if that helps add to the validity of it being a unique set. One of my Frank Thomas buyers was asking about card #26 in the set, that should be Frank Thomas, but the set I have, it's someone else. Also, one of the card #s that is Biggio in the regular set is actually Palmeiro in this set.....

Frank Thomas was 200 & 746 in that set.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
LOL!!

If you look, this sellers entire eBay store is FILLED with proofs, exective proofs, samples, etc. That's nuts, how did he/she get so many?

On another note, a lot of these have sold and for the BIN price... could that many people be fooled or know something we don't?

@VizquelCollector.com - did you snag the Vizquel?

I did not. I have no idea if they're legitimate and there's no way I'm paying anywhere near $100 even if it is. I assume the offer was significantly less, but even so I'd rather focus on cards on my want list than weird uber-rare variations. I'm barely interested in the Samples and Show/National cards, let alone a card with a gold edge that might have been made for company employees a long time ago. If it's real and I missed out... I'm fine with it!

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
I did not. I have no idea if they're legitimate and there's no way I'm paying anywhere near $100 even if it is. I assume the offer was significantly less, but even so I'd rather focus on cards on my want list than weird uber-rare variations. I'm barely interested in the Samples and Show/National cards, let alone a card with a gold edge that might have been made for company employees a long time ago. If it's real and I missed out... I'm fine with it!

Agreed. No money for this crap.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis

Couldn't have said it better myself. I saw these and decided to pass. Plus the fact that in my best Walter Sobchak impression

You want a 93 Stadium Club Executive card? I can get you a 93 Stadium Club Executive card, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a 93 Stadium Club Executive card by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with gold border. These f***ing amateurs...

(not saying the seller is in anyway crooked, just if I can make it at home, then not sure why I would pay a premium for it with no documentation accompanying it)

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
For $5 I have zero problem taking a chance on what may be a unique card. I have dealt with this seller before and have always been satisfied.

edit: having said that, I certainly appreciate that I collect a "lesser" player. If I collected Clark or Thomas or some other star I know I'd be a whole lot more reluctant to take a risk.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
For $5 I have zero problem taking a chance on what may be a unique card. I have dealt with this seller before and have always been satisfied.

edit: having said that, I certainly appreciate that I collect a "lesser" player. If I collected Clark or Thomas or some other star I know I'd be a whole lot more reluctant to take a risk.

Yeah at $20 I woulda took a shot at Clark but M bought it at $100 right away, just too many things on the list for now.

Ryan

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw them was a Gold Sharpie. That and a stack of Stadium Club commons is all it would take. Not to discredit the seller - whom I have no knowledge of - but that was my first reaction.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This will all be cleared up when those of us who have taken a stab at these gets them in hand. I have faith they're legit. Time will tell. Should have after the holiday weekend.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw them was a Gold Sharpie. That and a stack of Stadium Club commons is all it would take. Not to discredit the seller - whom I have no knowledge of - but that was my first reaction.

Gold Sharpie will saturate the edges causing the color to bleed.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
This will all be cleared up when those of us who have taken a stab at these gets them in hand. I have faith they're legit. Time will tell. Should have after the holiday weekend.

---

I got mine in the mail yesterday and if it isn't legit then it is a fantastic fake. I hold much skepticism on new cards like this and went in with some doubt but all four sides look good to me. They don't appear to be painted and it does appear to be the same/similar gold foil as on the fronts. The seller is correct about it being difficult to take a picture of just one card. The gold shows up much better on the sides than the silver does on the 1990 and 1991 U.S Playing Cards All Stars- Silver (if you are familiar with that set).

Now, could my judgment be biased on the hopes that I didn't get taken on a scam? Sure. But personally, having gotten taken a time or two in the past, something just rang true about the seller's story. The fact he has a ton of promo type cards, was forthcoming with details, and the fact I've purchased from him in the past helped in my decision to buy. Now that I have card in hand I feel ok with my purchase.

Interested to hear what other buyers opinions are.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I got mine in the mail yesterday and if it isn't legit then it is a fantastic fake. I hold much skepticism on new cards like this and went in with some doubt but all four sides look good to me. They don't appear to be painted and it does appear to be the same/similar gold foil as on the fronts. The seller is correct about it being difficult to take a picture of just one card. The gold shows up much better on the sides than the silver does on the 1990 and 1991 U.S Playing Cards All Stars- Silver (if you are familiar with that set).

Now, could my judgment be biased on the hopes that I didn't get taken on a scam? Sure. But personally, having gotten taken a time or two in the past, something just rang true about the seller's story. The fact he has a ton of promo type cards, was forthcoming with details, and the fact I've purchased from him in the past helped in my decision to buy. Now that I have card in hand I feel ok with my purchase.

Interested to hear what other buyers opinions are.

Excellent.

---

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I really hope these cards are legit, because you know what happens when you #^(* a stranger in the @$$.

Members online

Latest posts