Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My PC Roger Maris Auto Run 59-68

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Honored yes, but they should be slabbed & certified. I've seen tons of nice but bogus Maris Autos. Not sayin they are fakes, just that they should be confirmed real.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Honored yes, but they should be slabbed & certified. I've seen tons of nice but bogus Maris Autos. Not sayin they are fakes, just that they should be confirmed real.

Thanks Guys. I'm gonna get them stabbed. My Dad never believed in PSA( he promoted shows and owned shops for 25 years) I still have the letter from Maris thanking my Dad for being a fan. He sent them to his Distribution plant in the mid to late 70's.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks Guys. I'm gonna get them stabbed. My Dad never believed in PSA( he promoted shows and owned shops for 25 years) I still have the letter from Maris thanking my Dad for being a fan. He sent them to his Distribution plant in the mid to late 70's.

Awesome backstory and collection. Slab em if you want em slabbed. I personally think if you know their legit, spend the slab $ on a nice frame piece w/ something like a nice picture and the letter etc w the cards around it would look great

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's an incredible collection.
By the way, your thread title should read '58-'68, instead of '59.
That first card is Maris' 1958 rookie.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Awesome backstory and collection. Slab em if you want em slabbed. I personally think if you know their legit, spend the slab $ on a nice frame piece w/ something like a nice picture and the letter etc w the cards around it would look great

Ryan

Agreed. Those would look amazing framed together.
[MENTION=10695]Laxcat[/MENTION]: So Maris signed all of these especially for your Dad in the 70's? Just what is the backstory?

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
61* in 61, I absolutely love the movie 61*, its a top 5 baseball movie in my opinion, anyone who hasn't seen it should defiantly find a copy of it and watch it. good old North Dakota boy!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Wow!

I have a Maris game used PC for my daughter, but ive never dared to imagine owning one Maris auto, let alone a monster collection like that!!

I would certainly get them slabbed though... And then framed.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Agreed. Those would look amazing framed together.
[MENTION=10695]Laxcat[/MENTION]: So Maris signed all of these especially for your Dad in the 70's? Just what is the backstory?

There was an uber collector named Jack Smalley(sp?) that published a book that had all of the former ball players business and personal addresses. After Maris retired he owned a very successful Budweiser distribution plant in Florida, I think. He was my Dads favorite player growing up
He sent him a letter asking if it was okay to send him cards to sign. Maris sent back a reply basically saying to send him whatever. So my dad sent him a full run. Maris signed those and a handwritten letter

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
That's an incredible collection.
By the way, your thread title should read '58-'68, instead of '59.
That first card is Maris' 1958 rookie.

Thanks. That is what I get for using my iPhone.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION]

I thought I'd put some nice pics up.

Attachments

• maris1.jpg
    maris1.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 18
  • maris2.jpg
    maris2.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 17

Members online