Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can the Bryce Harper "Overrated Bust" talk be put to bed now?? - I THINK SO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Is he better then Trout? No, No one in baseball is. But at 21, he played like a seasoned vet vs. SF. From the field up to supplying his team with their only runs in game 4 all the way to working the at bat for a walk in his last at bat of the year. You Can rip him, but that kid showed what hes capable of in high pressure situations. And i think the entire world of MLB should be pretty happy that if the nats sustain, we can see Harper in the post season hopefully yearly for the next decade.

But granted his team lost, Bryce Harper IMO Has given a giant "F@$& You" to all his critics.

For anyone to doubt his talent is nuts. The only knock on him is health.

Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If he shows the plate discipline in 2015 that he showed in these playoffs, waiting for a pitch to drive, and also becomes more willing to go opposite field, he'll be the 2015 NL MVP.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
He's still younger than Kris Bryant and according to his age, should be playing in Low-A.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't hate on him, I like the energy he plays with.That was impressive when he blasted that home run into the cove last night.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Bryce has all the tools to be a superstar - he just needs to grow up and stop trying to show up pitchers. One of those pitchers might drill him high and tight one day and end his career. I hope he does well because he's a great marketable player.

Baseball is a game of adjustments and as long as Bryce can be pickier with his pitch selection, and also adjust to off speed pitches, he should be a star for years.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Anybody else think that next year is gonna be the year the Nats (finally) put it all together?

ALL the pitchers have great years, the set-up guys are on and either Storen or Soriano is reliable and they get monster years from BH and Rendon and enough offense from everybody else to cruise.

Heck, they struggled at times this year and still won the East by 10+ games...

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Anybody else think that next year is gonna be the year the Nats (finally) put it all together?

ALL the pitchers have great years, the set-up guys are on and either Storen or Soriano is reliable and they get monster years from BH and Rendon and enough offense from everybody else to cruise.

Heck, they struggled at times this year and still won the East by 10+ games...

I thought next year was going to be the Nats year for about three years now. I think I'm done waiting on them. The Braves were terrible in the second half and gave them the division, and since they're practically rebuilding (new GM, coaches) it's unlikely they'll challenge Washington for the division in 2015. However, the Nats have too many missing pieces to get it done. An intense guy like Harper is a double-edged sword - his fire can get you pumped but it can also be a distraction, and it doesn't matter how far into McCovey Cove a solo-shot goes if you lose by five runs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts