Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*************** Sunday Morning Thread ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
These games are tough to pick today. Part of me thinks the easy picks are SF and NE but its never easy. That being said I'm going with Baltimore pulling the upset but sticking with SF. Hate having a all harbaugh Super Bowl but it would be a good one (so would SF and NE)

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
G'morn gents & gals!

Been mostly MIA due to some personal issues, shingles and losing a friend. Trying to motivate myself back into active collecting.

Sad to hear Musial's passing. :( Now he can play some baseball with the greats in a Field of Dreams out somewhere.

Hope everyone here is starting off well in 2013....Happy New Year!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Welcome back Jamison. Sorry to hear about the personal stuff hope things look up for you this year on the personal side and the collecting side.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Well, I went through Beckett and looked at the entire checklist. The DEFUNCT category would include the possibility of four hits: Duke Snider, Warren Spahn, Willie Mays and Monte Irvin. That's it really in terms of GU and Auto. Because of the way DK did Expos cards, whoever picks Washington Nationals will get Montreal Expos included. DK has a lot of Vlad, Brad Wilkerson, Jose Vidro etc. as Expos.

So what say you all? It seems fair to me to keep it at 4 slots each, as this DEFUNCT category is a gamble - may not get anything, may get one nice hit. Mostly I was just trying to be fair and let all 8 in the break get 4 draft slots.

Brad

I admit I don't love it...as I'm pretty sure that, being the last pick, I'll wind up with the "defunct" spot (perhaps I'm wrong, I dunno). But I certainly understand your reasoning and appreciate your trying to make it fair for everyone.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I admit I don't love it...as I'm pretty sure that, being the last pick, I'll wind up with the "defunct" spot (perhaps I'm wrong, I dunno). But I certainly understand your reasoning and appreciate your trying to make it fair for everyone.

What are you even talking about?? you aren't the LAST pick

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
have to pull for Falcon's , i know Kevin Cone from stadium here - his brother plays baseball for Crawdads . I asked both who was better both pointed to the other LOL

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Oh, guess I'm not. #1 overall pick would be. Duh. My mistake.

Calm down, brother. I'm detecting you getting your back up. No one's ticked off. We're just talking here.

You're talking, everyone else is is laughing at you. Any other questions? If not let's just draft and move on.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
You're talking, everyone else is is laughing at you. Any other questions? If not let's just draft and move on.

Whoa, where is this coming from? I don't think anyone was laughing at me. I was being polite and asking honest questions, and I'm satisfied with the answers I got. I was respectful and wasn't rude to a soul.

It's looking to me like you think I was causing a problem by simply making inquiries about the whole draft process. I think we're all mature guys and have the ability to communicate articulately and honestly without issue arising. You're a good bunch and I trust you, and I don't think I've given reason for you not to extend the same respect in my direction.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Mariners? Thought it would be Dodgers. Resident Bay Fan is up, [MENTION=2201]thefatguy[/MENTION] on deck

#1 hoopster3977 - Yankees
#2 gracecollector - Cubs
#3 wolfmanalfredo - Twins
#4 alex64 - Mariners
#5 resident bay fan
#6 thefatguy
#7 mojodan
#8 caulaflour
#9 caulaflour
#10 mojodan
#11 thefatguy
#12 resident bay fan
#13 alex64
#14 wolfmanalfredo
#15 gracecollector - Diamondbacks
#16 hoopster3977
#17 hoopster3977
#18 gracecollector
#19 wolfmanalfredo
#20 alex64
#21 resident bay fan
#22 thefatguy
#23 mojodan
#24 caulaflour
#25 caulaflour
#26 mojodan
#27 thefatguy
#28 resident bay fan
#29 alex64
#30 wolfmanalfredo
#31 gracecollector
#32 hoopster3977

Remaining picks: when it's your spot, pick one that is still available.

Atlanta Braves
Philadelphia Phillies
Florida Marlins
New York Mets
Washington Nationals (incl. Expos)
St. Louis Cardinals
Houston Astros
Milwaukee Brewers
Cincinnati Reds
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Los Angeles Dodgers
Colorado Rockies
Boston Red Sox
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Texas Rangers
Fans of the Game Cards
Any Defunct Team (possibility of Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves and New York Giants cards)

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Well, what's new, guys?

How did Secret Santa do for all those who participated? I didn't.

And did anyone score any holy grails during the past few months?

Curious I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts