Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened Edition in Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
You're all missing the point... People are buying year after year. Money goes into BGs pockets. People bitch and complain and he STILL makes money. Why? Because he repeats what has already been proven to work him because suckers remain suckers and gamblers remain gamblers. It's really that simple.

To the original point, that is, this box is not on the tier of "best of anything," point made but not everyone is a winner and you know that. "The top prospect autos" is also not truly representative of ALL autos that are included in the prospect products either. There are $.99 cent bums that come out of $78 boxes with really not much else to show for it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You're all missing the point... People are buying year after year. Money goes into BGs pockets. People bitch and complain and he STILL makes money. Why? Because he repeats what has already been proven to work him because suckers remain suckers and gamblers remain gamblers. It's really that simple.

To the original point, that is, this box is not on the tier of "best of anything," point made but not everyone is a winner and you know that. "The top prospect autos" is also not truly representative of ALL autos that are included in the prospect products either. There are $.99 cent bums that come out of $78 boxes with really not much else to show for it.
This is a really great post top to bottom. Also really well written with good grammar ;)

Threads about people getting kicked in the balls when they buy a box are just hilarious to me. I mean buying a box is just like buying a lottery ticket... I mean don't come bitching to me about buying a $100 lotto ticket and you had a little fun in the suspense and scratching of it but in the end you either got zero or got something less than what you paid for.

It doesn't happen here as much but if you have some free time, go over to BO and check out their box break section... 3 of every 4 threads is like "Kicked in the balls again" or you get one that's "Break of a LIFETIME :)"

The hobby is filled with gamblers and suckers and as the quoted above says, until that turns (might never), then Leaf and others will continue to make product that makes them money, period.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
This is a really great post top to bottom. Also really well written with good grammar ;)

Threads about people getting kicked in the balls when they buy a box are just hilarious to me. I mean buying a box is just like buying a lottery ticket... I mean don't come bitching to me about buying a $100 lotto ticket and you had a little fun in the suspense and scratching of it but in the end you either got zero or got something less than what you paid for.

It doesn't happen here as much but if you have some free time, go over to BO and check out their box break section... 3 of every 4 threads is like "Kicked in the balls again" or you get one that's "Break of a LIFETIME :)"

The hobby is filled with gamblers and suckers and as the quoted above says, until that turns (might never), then Leaf and others will continue to make product that makes them money, period.
Agreed. It feels like everyone does better than me on breaks, but that's because of false hope and selection bias on the recall of results of others.

For my money, the best breaks are ALWAYS Leaf products, in terms of recouping costs. Even an average Leaf break of a case will get a significant ROI. I have never come close on a Topps product other than..... Archives. Bowman products are all about hitting the big cards and the rest of the autos and hits are garbage. You'd be lucky to make 50% back on an average Bowman case, and that's if you hustle and sell everything and build the sets.

And the only way to make this is to go with cases. Boxes are super lottery type gambles. Cases give you better odds of salvaging a break.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Agreed. It feels like everyone does better than me on breaks, but that's because of false hope and selection bias on the recall of results of others.

For my money, the best breaks are ALWAYS Leaf products, in terms of recouping costs. Even an average Leaf break of a case will get a significant ROI. I have never come close on a Topps product other than..... Archives. Bowman products are all about hitting the big cards and the rest of the autos and hits are garbage. You'd be lucky to make 50% back on an average Bowman case, and that's if you hustle and sell everything and build the sets.

And the only way to make this is to go with cases. Boxes are super lottery type gambles. Cases give you better odds of salvaging a break.

I was thinking the same thing. Packs are a fine lightweight gamble when talking lower end stuff like base Topps or bowman/bowman chrome. Boxes seem to be the biggest waste of money to me if you are breaking to try and make money.

Cases of that stuff are the way to go because you not only have a better chance of a better overall break to recoup costs but are getting added value with each set you can complete to add to the sell pile.

Multiple cases seem even smarter if the wallet allows it

Members online

Latest posts