Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KRIS BRYANT CALLED UP TO THE CUBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Is it time to call Kris Bryant a bust?

Not even close. But too early to call the kid the next Mega Star...... I am still fascinated with what people always spend on "prospects" . I know, I know Mike Trout. Fine, but had his cards have had as big a start as Byrant, I would think that even he would have had a slight decrease before shooting for the moon. Patience is vurtue....

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Not even close. But too early to call the kid the next Mega Star...... I am still fascinated with what people always spend on "prospects" . I know, I know Mike Trout. Fine, but had his cards have had as big a start as Byrant, I would think that even he would have had a slight decrease before shooting for the moon. Patience is vurtue....

Way to go out on a limb there. Anybody can take a wait and see approach. Overreact much? Good grief, just enjoy the hype. It brings a lot of positive attention to the sport and the hobby.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

I was being sarcastic but I'm aware it doesn't translate well

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Way to go out on a limb there. Anybody can take a wait and see approach. Overreact much? Good grief, just enjoy the hype. It brings a lot of positive attention to the sport and the hobby.

LOL. Wow, get offended easily?? May I ask a serious question. Would you not say that people who pay 5X to 10x what a card is worth because of the hype are overreacting? Then I guess there are a lot of overeactors!! I am just a realist. That is all.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
OH and after today, he IS a TOTAL BUST, but he may win a few Gold Gloves..... Did you see that double play... WOW

Nolan Arenado disagrees with this.

Bryant looked outmatched today, Shields pounded the ball inside on him all day and it worked. Will be interesting to see how major league pitchers pitch to him. Seems like Shields and the Pads have the right idea so far.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
LOL. Wow, get offended easily?? May I ask a serious question. Would you not say that people who pay 5X to 10x what a card is worth because of the hype are overreacting? Then I guess there are a lot of overeactors!! I am just a realist. That is all.

If someone is paying that, then that becomes what it's worth at that time of transaction

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
If someone is paying that, then that becomes what it's worth at that time of transaction

Yes, but the reason that the prices are where they are at is pure speculation... this an over "reaction" to the hype IMO. I find it hard to believe that the prices point has anything to do with anything else but hype.... i dont follow prospects in baseball as much but i am sure there are numerous players with potential, that dont get 1/2 the hype and their cards can be had for fractions of the price...

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
And.... i find it interesting that my comments are an "overreaction" yet absurdly high prices on a TBD prospect is completely rational. Please help me understand?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And.... i find it interesting that my comments are an "overreaction" yet absurdly high prices on a TBD prospect is completely rational. Please help me understand?

The people who consider your comments an overreaction are not the same ones paying absurdly high prices for Bryant's cards.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I live off of Waveland. Did you see that giant Bryant Adias billboard?

I did, it was amusing.

I got tired of reading all of these stupid stories ragging on him for K'ing 3 times. Dude will be fine.... he had a hell of journey between yesterday and today's early game.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
What gets me is they put the fn kid in the clean up spot!!! Get the hell out of here with that, whom ever decided that should be canned. Your setting him up for failure right from the get go. Put him in the 6th or 7th spot and go from there. He dint have a chance today.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Too true.

My tongue and cheek on this thread are purely for fun and entertainment as i have zero skin in this game.

The Truth.... Do i think Chris Bryant can be great and is good for the hobby, yes as it brings interest in.

My opinion... do i think his cards are Waaaayyyy overpriced... YES

did i think i was going on limb and being super insightful as was stated... not at all but dont see why it took a snide remark/overreaction... merely a comment.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
First day jitters. He'll be fine.

Several days of jitters. Who knows if he'll be a superstar or just a normal player.

He stunk at triple-a for a few days to start this season, then got his stuff together the last few games before callup. Maybe he's a slow starter.

Members online