Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is this [Featured Thread]?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

I would like everyone to take notice of an IN TESTING feature to highlight content provided by you - the user.
It is completely manual, meaning there's no code other than the HTML that I physically enter, myself.

The first thread up for notice is [MENTION=2231]Nate Colbert 17[/MENTION]'s Kellogg's Thread: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...ured-Thread-Discussion-1970-Kellogg-s-3-D-Set

How does it work?

The Featured Thread notation will be used to highlight specific types of content. These will be threads that are selected by staff or nominated by other users. Those threads selected will be tagged with the [Featured Thread] wording and will be exempt to any rules against thread bumping. The user who creates the thread will then receive a Featured Contributor title along with a custom link to the featured thread. Important Note: After your thread has become Featured, changing the title yourself will break this link. Eventually, this content will hopefully make it to a landing page and preserved in an Archive format. Until then, the thread will keep its status until it has run its course. At that time (be it a week or so), the titles will be returned to normal, as will the thread title.

What does it take?

Effort. We know that a LOT of great content goes unrecognized, and it really is a shame. That means it doesn't need a thread going wild with posts to make a Feature. If you see a thread you thinks deserve it, nominate it!

Does the contributor get compensated?

Not right now. This is really in its infancy and not even something that may stick. That all depends on how the community responds. Once we see if it becomes a success, then we can cross that bridge.

Why even do this?

To show people that there is a reason to be posting here. We want EVERYONE here to be recognized, and we want EVERYONE to be a Featured contributor.

I welcome questions, suggestions and critique. Let's see it here (along with some nominations!)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I like this idea! Just to clarify, so if we are really liking a thread, then we PM you? Or do we nominate directly in the thread? Or do we try to find this thread and nominate in it? I thought [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION]'s thread to do a "Discussion" of a set of cards was an outstanding idea!

Members online

Latest posts